Why was the rape club thread locked? (1 Viewer)

Rorix

HSC
Why can the subject of the tenuous relationship between human rights and personal offence not be discussed?

Essentially everyone in the thread who was in favour of closing the site down made it clear that it is OK to discuss rape if it is not glorified? Can those same people now support the closing of the thread?

I am aware that there is no recognition of a right to free speech or anything of the sort of Bored of Studies. But can the moderator who locked the thread at least explain why this thread was chosen to be locked out of all the threads in this forum based on no factual foundation containing a variety of unsubstaniated claims that many would find offensive?

Sure, tattoodguy has a rather unique style of posting and the subject could be raised in a more tasteful manner, and the intellectual level of discussion in the thread did not go much beyond "MATE RAPE IS WRONG". But why this thread to be locked?

Are we simply forbidden to mention the word rape on Bored of Studies? Rape. Rape. Rape. Then ban me.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Cosigned - because I'm a barnacle.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Rorix if I ever see you at USyd I'm going to rape you in the anus.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
withoutaface said:
I didn't know that you were in to that kind of thing waf, maybe you should join the USydney Students Union?

Rorix

HSC
withoutaface said:

haha outwitted i have no anus

OH WAI :eek:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
neo_o said:
I didn't know that you were in to that kind of thing waf, maybe you should join the USydney Students Union?
Queer is spelt with a capital 'q'. :uhhuh:

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Lamer. I owned that thread so you closed it. The thread was full of idiots anyway. I counted about 10 people that shouted out "ITZ SOO WRONGG LAH!!". As usual they had nothing intelligent to say and nothing to back them up.

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Three heavyweights in support of Rorix... chances are there is some validity in what he's saying

Generator

HSC
N/A
It wasn't much of a thread, though. Tattoodguy was forced to continually stress that he was arguing in favour of 'free speech', and only Rorix discussed the actual issue at length (though that isn't to say that he was the only one to note the issue of 'free speech' within a post).

Oh well, I stand by my post in the thread that Asquithian linked through earlier.

ohne

HSC
Asquithian said:
Would you expect someone like me to write such things in toilets!? :p

Which toilets? Probably someone from my politics class. Something like it was used in a lecture a while back.
The right cubicle of the centre lecture block male toilets in front of the commerce courtyard.

No I wouldn't expect someone like you to write graffitti in our lovely new CLB toilets. :eek:

I noticed it there today, couldn't help thinking.....

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Asquithian said:
lovely toilets?

They are a bit cramped!

I recon its funny at busy times the amount of people who will not use the urinals but rather wait for the stalls. They just sorta stand there waiting for someone to finish at the cubical while you and others use the urinal.

...um...hmmm...its a little bit disconcerting having people loiter behind you when there are perfectly good urinals avaliable.
They are quite obviously in there for a perve.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
When people make posts like this (about pamphlets released to 15 year olds which graphically describe water sports, fisting, rimming etc) I think that this entire forum should be locked.

Vahle said:
What is wrong with these people?

There is NOTHING WRONG with this pamphlet

It doesn't encourage kids to do anything harmful. Just to play safe

Graphic portrayal of sex and sex acts is positive and it is regrettable that out society is still so afraid of openly discussing such issues.

There is nothing wrong with sex. There is nothing wrong with talking about sex. In fact, I feel like a better person for reading this article. I now have a better understanding of acts like fisting, rimming, and piss play. Portrayed in a positive light, this knowledge defeats the ignorance that may have lead to prejudice. Thanks Black Book.

This article reminds me of one in todays paper... NSW education minister removes pro gay classroom activity. Ahhhghhh
Genocide portrayed in a positive light defeats the ignorance that may have lead to prejudice. Oh, wait a second...

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Or maybe their dick's too big and they'd have to take off their pants to be able to flop it out.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Asquithian said:
What on earth are they!? :p

'Will someone please think of the children!'
Like waterskiing without the skis, or so I'm lead to believe anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)