• Best of luck to the class of 2019 for their HSC exams. You got this!

Will i get a mark? (1 Viewer)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Gatorade said:
no offence meant, but if you really are an hsc marker then what you're doing in my opinion is unfair. say i had put down "the eruption of a volcano in china" as the answer, according to you i should still get the mark. the point is his answer was incorrect as there was NO eruption in 72AD and he doesnt even mention vesuvius, so it really could be anywhere.
plus, as i said before, whats to stop me, if im unsure of the answer, from putting 3 or 4 different possible answers to ensure i get the mark? or i could technically even circle all the options in multiple choice questions as they "ignore the incorrect section".

Multiple Choice is computer marked and won't accept more than one answer.

If you had written three or four things and the first one was right then the marker would simply not read any more and give the mark.

This came up at marking about 10 years ago when students were asked for four things and were putting down five and six with a couple of early ones being wrong. We were initially told to only take the first four but after a couple of days marking the BOS gave a ruling to ignore the incorrect ones and give 4 marks if their were 4 correct answers.

The correct answer for the question we are discussing will probably be simply - the eruption - anything extra is therefore ignored. To penalise for adding extra incorrect material, in a one mark question, would be seen as unfair by the BOS.

Markers are told to be concious of the fact that students are writing these exams under stress and as a first draft and so we are more liberal than if you had to do this question in class.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
m00 said:
so if they asked you for 2 resources in Pompeii could you list like multiple answers:
beer, octopus, watermelons, grapes, olives

would you get the 2 marks for listing olives and grapes even though they were last on the list?

Yes - you havr 2 correct answers there - some silly ones but two correct ones. (Also remember that if the question has a source and the question says 'from the source' and you give correct answer that aren't in the source you don't get those marks).

e.g. the Source lists grapes, olives

and you answer

fish, fruit

although fish and fruit are correct in that they are resources in Pompeii they weren't mentioned in the source and so they don't get marks.

auraflux7

HSC
OMFG!! I think i might of gotten this question wrong :mad:
My answer was;
"The event described in source 1, is the AFTER-EFFECTS of the
eruption of Mt.Vesuvius in AD79"
I wrote AFTER-EFFECTS because they didn't occur at the time
when the eruption did e.g - lava, molten, fire etc.
So I automatically assumed that the smoke and ash and other
bullshit that history teaches you happened after the eruption.

Will i get this mark or lose it? :mad:

FUCK YOUR MUM ANCIENT-HISTORY.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
auraflux7 said:
OMFG!! I think i might of gotten this question wrong :mad:
My answer was;
"The event described in source 1, is the AFTER-EFFECTS of the
eruption of Mt.Vesuvius in AD79"
I wrote AFTER-EFFECTS because they didn't occur at the time
when the eruption did e.g - lava, molten, fire etc.
So I automatically assumed that the smoke and ash and other
bullshit that history teaches you happened after the eruption.

Will i get this mark or lose it? :mad:

FUCK YOUR MUM ANCIENT-HISTORY.
i hate it when you over-think questions

auraflux7

HSC
so does that mean I'll probably lose that mark or keep it? :mad:
GRRRRRRRR!!

bradman

HSC
You'll get a mark. If you don't I'll eat my keyboard (first thing I saw)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)