Will they screw us over for Paper 2? (1 Viewer)

HSC
megan dw. i spoke to miss before the exam today and she said if they specify the speech they need to provide us with the transcript because we are only expected to focus strongly on a few speeches and they cant assume all schools have focused on the same one. :)

bmn

HSC
If there's a feature article in it ANYWHERE...
Feature articles are much easier then a letter... I wouldn't mind 2 feature articles and 1 essay (as long as the essay is module B)

megan dw. i spoke to miss before the exam today and she said if they specify the speech they need to provide us with the transcript because we are only expected to focus strongly on a few speeches and they cant assume all schools have focused on the same one.
That would be so much easier... Is it like that in past examples?

3p1c f41lur3

HSC
screw us over? Didn't teachers like tell us to prepare 2 just in case? maybe 3 related is the real "screw us over"

HSC
That would be so much easier... Is it like that in past examples?
well my teacher said the year they did specify it, it caused so much controversy with marking and everything and lots of problems so yeah. they havent specified since.

cole-

HSC
N/A
Seriously, at our school there will be mass suicide if they specify.
That would be the saddest thing.

Katherwin

HSC
megan dw. i spoke to miss before the exam today and she said if they specify the speech they need to provide us with the transcript because we are only expected to focus strongly on a few speeches and they cant assume all schools have focused on the same one. :)
Do you think this would apply to Gwen Harwoods poetry?

I will die if they asked for a specfic poem, especially since my school barely covered one of them.

brand_new_eyes

HSC
how about i made it wen it was months before release and maybe i thought it was cool? what of it? liked them since their ep so im enititled to do as i wish :) thanks

jessmooka

don't leapfrog unicorns.
HSC
nah, i think it will be two straight essays and something way out of left field. i think it will be module a that will be the hard one.
This.

Anything else and I will probably have a seizure-like fit in the middle of our hall.

But that's how I roll.

lizajane91

HSC
I actually wouldnt mind a radio transcript/speech/interview for mod c! so much easier to write under time constraints...and i only want 1 related text!!!!

brand_new_eyes

HSC
yup that's me :)
yay i found someone like me :) what related text are you doing, we're doing Life is beautiful, do you think they'll just give us an essay to do? or maybe be spiteful and make us do a feature article

harry4

HSC
what does a feature article entail? do you just have to include a heading but what else?

kfnmpah

HSC
Doesn't anyone think they will be 'nice' to us?
Paper one was pretty ok - only one related text, the prescribed texts weren't TOO long, the creative stimulus was VERY general.
This is the first year of a new area of study and the first year with new module C topic and a couple of new module B texts (i know this is true for Harwood, not sure about other ones)

They may just ask for all essays? is this not a slight possibility? :S

funkyknight

HSC
i think what they might do is give us an interview or a talk between Ridley Scott and Mary Shelley (for FR-BR) in mod a... gahhh i hope there's no odd text types...

the worst part of it is that me like most people struggles for time, and having a text type is only going to make it worse.... i had 3 essays in my trials and i barely finished

btw,, if they give us a feature article, do we rule lines on our page and actually do it in columns?? a few people suggested it in my school but in not sure

raniaaa

:)
HSC
yay i found someone like me :) what related text are you doing, we're doing Life is beautiful, do you think they'll just give us an essay to do? or maybe be spiteful and make us do a feature article
wow your whole class did the same related text?
i did this novel 'my brother jack' by george johnston and an sbs documentary about a holocaust survivor.
nah i don't think they'll give us an essay they go more creative with history and memory don't they? hopefully a speech.. hopefully not a transcript... doubt a feature article that's just evil :(

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
what does a feature article entail? do you just have to include a heading but what else?
Feature Article:
- Aim to inform, entertain and persuade
- Stylistic features to include:
  • Headline
  • Byline
  • Reporter (don't use your name)
- Use emotive language
- Write selective facts
- Have a clear line of argument
- Write in short paragraphs

Thats pretty much it to a feature article...

brand_new_eyes

HSC
wow your whole class did the same related text?
i did this novel 'my brother jack' by george johnston and an sbs documentary about a holocaust survivor.
nah i don't think they'll give us an essay they go more creative with history and memory don't they? hopefully a speech.. hopefully not a transcript... doubt a feature article that's just evil :(
yer lol all the same, we have an awesome enlgish teacher he's a genius lol, awwww man im gonn ahate these text types *prepares for impending doom*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)