Wilson Tuckey......... (1 Viewer)

Should Wilson Tuckey be removed from Parliament?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lentern

HSC
No, he may be a bastard and a half but he is also the elected representative of the people of O'conner. The liberals should certain disendorse him but his personal following is huge, he'd win as an independant plus there is allways the risk that the national party would adopt him.

RAB11

HSC
He's a goose. That being said, it's most probably been taken out of context.

absorber

HSC
Political deathwish. I don't think someone as patriotic and paranoid as that should be in parliament

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
It's much more likely that terrorists would come here on planes, with legal visas (just like the 9/11 hijackers did).

Should we ban all tourists, expat workers ect. Why is special vitriol reserved for desperate people who come here on boats?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Didn't he say that accepting asylum seekers is possibly accepting terrorists? That's true! It's a low chance but it's true! The only way to rid ourselves of terrorist scum is to shut ourselves off completely. I doubt Tuckey thought that, and I think he meant what he literally said.

However, he's an elected representative and anyone with half a brain is not going to suggest removing him from his elected position.

Plus he's hilarious in parliament.

Lentern

HSC
Just sayin what we're all thinking.
Well I wouldn't go that far but certainly to extent it was playing to the "we will decide who comes in and the circumstances in which they come" instinct without the nuance also known as the dog whistle. Good example of why pollies spin instead of "tell it like it is". A lot of people have the irrational concern about terrorists in dingy's but also know that its abit irrational. They need a legitimate excuse like Howard and Turnbull give them not for Wilson Tuckey to "tell it like it is"."

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Didn't he say that accepting asylum seekers is possibly accepting terrorists? That's true! It's a low chance but it's true! The only way to rid ourselves of terrorist scum is to shut ourselves off completely. I doubt Tuckey thought that, and I think he meant what he literally said.

FUCKIN RACIST ; _ ;

j/k lol

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
If you sit thru question time, it quickly becomes clear how embarrasing he is to the whole parliament. He shouts comments at everything said and the government just attack the Coalition for implicitly agreeing with his ignorant loud-mouth ways.
I dont know what it is. The WA rebel thing? Lack of government discipline? Howard discipline? Hatred of Turnbull?
He should be disendorsed, but the liberal party is too weak and gutless to do it. Crisis of conviction.

HSC
N/A
what kind of fucked up question is: Should Wilson Tuckey be removed from Parliament?

if you voted yes you are a fucking idiot

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I don't want him removed primarily because his comments are entertaining for hilarity purposes.

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
You can't remove a democratically elected member of parliament simply because he voices his opinion in the house of representatives. The whole point of democracy is to let everyone have their say. If it has to be here, then you might as well have a proper democracy.

murphyad

HSC
True, but we can at least clamour loudly.

Besides I really meant it metaphorically, as in "Come on Australia! Lets boot this guy out of parliament the nice way - by voting the fucker out!" Not as in physically remove him or otherwise barring him from entering or w/e.

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
True, but we can at least clamour loudly.

Besides I really meant it metaphorically, as in "Come on Australia! Lets boot this guy out of parliament the nice way - by voting the fucker out!" Not as in physically remove him or otherwise barring him from entering or w/e.
Sorry, my bad :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)