Wimbledon (1 Viewer)

Aznmichael92

HSC
Can you believe Roger federer lost to nadal in 5 sets, despite coming back from 2 sets down to make it 2-2?

Ah well there goes history. Bad luck to him.

What are your opinions on Roger Federer?

IMABOYDAMON!

Banned
HSC
Charity F said:
Have always supported him, and always will.

<insert rant>

He is just as awesome as Agassi and Sampras. Respect.

Ok, so who cares that he isn't winning each and every grand slam (bar Roland Garros) anymore? He's been doing that for a long time now, and it's about time that some other players decided to lift their game. Competition is good.

And just because he wins some, loses some, doesn't make a lesser player than he was a couple of years ago. Screw all the idiots who try to lower him, or try to create some sort of rivalry/bitterness between him and Nadal/Djokovic/etc. They are all increidble players, and they are obviously no.1, 2 and 3 for a reason.

So shut the hell up and enjoy the show.

<end rant>
I've always found that Federer is a bit of a snob. I don't know why, but it's just a feeling I get everytime he is interviewed or when he wins a tournament. He's too smug.

Muz4PM

HSC
I like Federer. I don't have any one particular favourite tennis player, but I enjoy watching him play. I like the way he is generally so clinical and dominates. I don't think we can call him the best of all time yet, I think in order to do that he would have to win the French Open, which is not impossible, but may become harder as the years roll on, especially if Nadal stays strong. Who knows, maybe we will remember Federer as the best of all time not to win at Roland Garros.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Nasonex said:
Federer's been bludging this year, Djokovic will win the US Open.

Federer is transitioning into Hewitt, best days are over
nahh, Djokovics been playing shit.
Nadal will either win or it will be another contest between him and Federer.
he hasnt peaked yet, prolly not until at least his wife has had a kid or his 30.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Nadal played of his balls last night.
He knows it, i know it federer knows it.

Federer played stupid tennis, until midway through the 4th.
I was pretty pissed of to see Nadal win.

F2001

HSC
this is going to sounds like those boxing fanboy stuff u hear....

but I just got to say, Sampras or Agassi in their primes would crush your current 1,2,3

baekuai

HSC
the game wulda ended... 3-0 if it wasnt for the rain,,, nadal had is momentum goin and nothing cud stop him( cept for bad weather lol)..

Vamosss NADAL~~~!!!

rambam92

HSC
Yeah nadal was unlucky due to the rain, but in the end the raging bull wins - just as i predicted
I love his forehand and passing shots

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
F2001 said:
but I just got to say, Sampras or Agassi in their primes would crush your current 1,2,3
wrong.
Someone like nadal would beat them both easy.

shaon0

HSC
risole91 said:
wrong.
Someone like nadal would beat them both easy.
I would disagree. I think Pete Sampras or Andre Agassi at their prime would slaughter Federer or Nadal on any court....excluding clay for Nadal which would be pretty even for each pair respectively.

shaon0

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
Can you believe Roger federer lost to nadal in 5 sets, despite coming back from 2 sets down to make it 2-2?

Ah well there goes history. Bad luck to him.

What are your opinions on Roger Federer?
I don't think Federer would compare to the greatest player of all time even at his prime, simply because he was hasn't won the French Open...I think Bjorn Borg or Pete Sampras at their peaks would be the greatest players of all time.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Mr Federer's reign in mens tennis is well and trully over

Accept the facts people, even if you don't like it

Zrap

glock9
HSC
If he loses the next 3 consecutive opens yeah his reign is over but based on the fact that he lost wimbledon doesnt mean shit.
Sampras would kill federer in his prime.

Muz4PM

HSC
Zrap said:
If he loses the next 3 consecutive opens yeah his reign is over but based on the fact that he lost wimbledon doesnt mean shit.
Sampras would kill federer in his prime.
I practically agree with that entire post. However, I think If he loses the US Open and then the Australian Open, then we could re-evaluate his position at the top. It is too early to call I think, even though he has lost Wimbeldon and the Australian Open, two of his favourites.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
1. Federer 6600
2. Nadal 6055
3. Djokovic 4945
28. Hewitt 1050, lol what a complete dick

545 point difference, if Nadal can win Montreal Masters, its #1 time

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i think all the history were too much for fed, i daresay he played his first two sets out of instincts and emotions, rather than a clear game plan. after the rain delay, he came out and started to rip it up. but once it got tight again in the fifth set, he got a bit overwhelmed by what could have been, and lost his way for 10min - unfortunately for him, it was the last 10 min. credit to nadal though, some of his backhand passes were insane. fully deserved it.

agassi in his hay days will rip apart nadal in 3 sets straight, simply because his ability to hit the ball on the raise like breathing will negate nadal's top spin. fed, on the other hand, has amazing angles with his shots, so it might present agassi with a tough challenge. if sampras managed to win 13 odd grand slams at the presence of agassi and co, he is without doubt the greatest of them all.

i think till the day fed can win at roland garros, his name won't shine as much as the others, like rod laver.

shaon0

HSC
wuddie said:
i think all the history were too much for fed, i daresay he played his first two sets out of instincts and emotions, rather than a clear game plan. after the rain delay, he came out and started to rip it up. but once it got tight again in the fifth set, he got a bit overwhelmed by what could have been, and lost his way for 10min - unfortunately for him, it was the last 10 min. credit to nadal though, some of his backhand passes were insane. fully deserved it.

agassi in his hay days will rip apart nadal in 3 sets straight, simply because his ability to hit the ball on the raise like breathing will negate nadal's top spin. fed, on the other hand, has amazing angles with his shots, so it might present agassi with a tough challenge. if sampras managed to win 13 odd grand slams at the presence of agassi and co, he is without doubt the greatest of them all.

i think till the day fed can win at roland garros, his name won't shine as much as the others, like rod laver.
Yea true...the greatest of all time are: Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi, Bjorn Borg and Rod Laver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)