• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Woest Olympics Ever? (1 Viewer)

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
Tommy_Lamp said:
and another thing, Australia had one of the worst anti-drug testing schemes in the HISTORY of the olympics, u think that marion jones and tim montgomery started taking drugs AFTER the sydney olympics?, i think not
so was it up to the australians to test all the olympic athletes??? hahah you dont know anything about drug testing.

nerd2die4

HSC
I just re-read that, tommy did you hear about those greeks who ran away, because they were taking drugs? Anyway, drugs are always going to be in sport no matter how hard you moniter it, it has nothing to do with the country hosting the olympics.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Tommy, so far you are yet to offer any decent arguments (beyond the standard 'we were better', yet I am sure that every nation does the same thing).

I believe that our point (or mine, at least) was that you do not have to 'experience the past' in order to enjoy what a country has to offer. The supposedly natural landscape is just as worthwhile as any old castle that may exist.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Tommy_Lamp said:
i dont consider a countrythat is only 100 yrs old (at least since federation) to have much history, i mean what, convicts? just look at the opening ceremony in sydney, the features of australian history were ned kelly, jackaroo's, hill's hoist's and lwn mowers!
look your the one who is just complaining all about Australia now..... and Sydneys opening games,and you go saying Australians go critising the greek olympics, well it works both ways.....
if the syd olympics weren't that good why was it deemed the "best olympics"?

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
mr_speedy said:
what? who was complaing about the wind postponing the rowing?
he(tommy) just likes to find every little excuse to complain and have a whinge to get his little insignificant points across

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
mr_speedy said:
fuck! who cares, so australia is only a very young country, what can we do??
your the ignorant fuck, wakeup you dickhead. just because we may not have ancient ruins like your GREAT Greece, doesnt mean that australia is a shit place.
yay well said mr_speedy :)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
nerd2die4 said:
200years old???

History is History. doesnt matter if it was 10 years ago or a hundred its history, and being australian you should be proud.
He lives in Australia but "his home is still greece"

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Personally, I think Sydney was better, but Athens have definitely been nothing to complain about. I guess it was better in the sense that it was at our front door.

somborac

HSC
to end this argument...greeks might have invented sex but yugoslavs introduced it to woman... :) :rolleyes: :cool:

meshy

tommy_lamp said:
ozgirl86: if australia has so much to offer, why is its tourism market so crap atm
also, i didnt choose to live here, my mother didnt choose to live here, she came here when she was 18 and married a bastard and she couldnt go back. ill be the first to say that ive enjoyed growing up here, but my first home will always be Greece, first chance i get im going back (im hardly able to atm)
Tommy, I think you'll find that Australia has a lot more immigrants here than Greece (people choose to LIVE here, not just go on vacation). When you talk about tourism - that's only short term (holidays).

I know you said you want to move back to Greece, but hey you're the minority. I bet a lot more Greeks choose to live here in Aus, than Australians choosing to live in Greece ;)

tommy_lamp said:
and yes, for tourists australia doesnt have anything to offer, the harbour? ayers rock? theirs no history here
Ever considered Aboriginal history, if you're so caught up in history?

You know Australia has a much larger cultural diversity than any country I can think of in Europe (including Greece). You can meet tonnes of Greeks, Italians, French, Chinese, everything here. Our diversity makes the modern Australian culture.

An olympic stuff up? How about Paul Hamm (from the USA) "winning" the men's gymnastics (it was actually won by a Korean guy, but 3 judges incorrectly added up the scores). The judges have all been suspended, but guess what - the gold medal remains with the US guy..

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Tommy_Lamp said:
jm, u dont know shit about the completion of the olympics, the buildings were completed on time and according to schedule
and does anyone remember that during the rehearsal of sydney opening ceremony half the stadium still hadnt had the seats put in, THAT WAS LIKE 3 DAYS BEFORE THE GAMES.

ziff u fucking moron, THE BUILDING THAT THE AUSTRALIANS SAID WAS MISSING A ROOF WASNT MEANT TO HAVE A ROOF, IT HAS THIS SPECIAL COVERING THAT ALLOWS FRESH AIR AND SUNLIGHT IN

the reason why so many fucking australians are complaining about the olympics is because AUSTRALIA HAS HAD NOTHING ELSE. the sydney olympics was meant to be a tourism card for the next 15yrs, well guess what, noones coming here because australia has nothing to offer

so for all u stupid, ignorant and downright retarded australians who keep criticising the olympics, GO FUCK YOURSELF

also, the media keep talking about "inadequate security", Greece has spent $2.5 BILLION dollars on security, 15 times that of Atlanta and 5 times that of Sydney, and guess what, GREECE HAS LESS THEN HALF THE GDP OF AUSTRALIA

and another thing, Australia had one of the worst anti-drug testing schemes in the HISTORY of the olympics, u think that marion jones and tim montgomery started taking drugs AFTER the sydney olympics?, i think not

and has anyone noticed that the ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD TO BE CRTICISING THE OLYMPICS IS AUSTRALIA
still dont feel accepted eh?

im sure theres plenty of space in Hellas for u, Thomasilas

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Damn Greeks think they are top of the world cause the won Euro2004 and are hosting the olympics. Well guess what, YOU ARENT. At least Australia was in the top 5 for their own olympics. Where is Greece, not top 5 the last time i checked.
And dont start with this crap that Greece is a small country, cause so is Australia.

To all of you who live in Australia, and want to speak crap about it, Go back to ur own country.

Ok...maybe that is a little harsh, but at least show some interest and pride in the country you live in.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
AWWWW.. i felt so bad for the brazillian athlete when he got attacked by the stupid drunken spectator

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
the idiot has done it before... when he ran onto the tracks at british F1 GP a year ago... makes u wonderhow he got his visas to greece...

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
yeah i heard on the NEWS and he used to be a priest.

Thought he would have more self control than to be an idiot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)