wolfmother suck wang (1 Viewer)

iron yuppie

HSC
wanton-wonton said:
It's not the fact that they know how to get a crowd going when many big hype bands fail to do so, it's the fact that they gotta let go of what has already past. :ninja: :santa: :idea: :headbang:
Try preeching that to today's popular muzak pumpers out there.
I'm not even gonna start with the whole 'originality is impossible' debate. However, nearly Everyone, not just Wolfmother, are looking back to the past, blatantly lifting tunes, riffs and beats (or 'sampling' as they call it). Just look at half the rap/hip-hop/r&b songs out there.
Dance music has absolutely NO originality going for it, with 9 out of 10 dance songs blatant covers of the classics, sung by the sultriest, throatiest voice out there (which is overdubbed about ten times) with a dumb, heartless 'doof-doof' beat added to it. And let's not even cover the desolate wasteland that is crazy frog...

Basically, if you hate Wolfmother cos they are unoriginal, then you shoud be a-loathing every other form of music out there (especially frog and all kinds of emo...)

HSC
N/A
iron yuppie said:
Try preeching that to today's popular muzak pumpers out there.
I'm not even gonna start with the whole 'originality is impossible' debate. However, nearly Everyone, not just Wolfmother, are looking back to the past, blatantly lifting tunes, riffs and beats (or 'sampling' as they call it). Just look at half the rap/hip-hop/r&b songs out there.
Dance music has absolutely NO originality going for it, with 9 out of 10 dance songs blatant covers of the classics, sung by the sultriest, throatiest voice out there (which is overdubbed about ten times) with a dumb, heartless 'doof-doof' beat added to it. And let's not even cover the desolate wasteland that is crazy frog...

Basically, if you hate Wolfmother cos they are unoriginal, then you shoud be a-loathing every other form of music out there (especially frog and all kinds of emo...)
What's to say they dont?

The thing about wolfmother is, its not that they rip off other bands, it's that they dont even rip them off well, or add to it, or even try to make it interesting.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
fake_mcdickpant said:
You're kidding right?
please tell me that by that comment you arent defending jet.
but if you arent, i can only assume you are defending wolfmother's originality. i mean really... picked up any led zeppelin / black sabbath cd lately??

Adam

HSC
wanton-wonton said:
Yeah, they attempt to create the space-rock atmosphere, but it's just shit music.
You know why I really like them? Because people like you are not fans. Call me elitist or whatever, but going to gigs with hordes of screaming and or blinded fans just shits me. Not that you are either :D

HSC
N/A
Born Dancer said:
please tell me that by that comment you arent defending jet.
but if you arent, i can only assume you are defending wolfmother's originality. i mean really... picked up any led zeppelin / black sabbath cd lately??
Whoopsy, I misread your post.
I thought you said they aren't nearly as blatant ripoffs as jet.

My mistake.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Adam said:
You know why I really like them? Because people like you are not fans. Call me elitist or whatever, but going to gigs with hordes of screaming and or blinded fans just shits me. Not that you are either :D
And going to a Mars Volta gig isnt going to produce the horde of blinded 'prog is cool' crowd?

Come on, their 2 song piss fart set at the BDO a few years back was pathetic :(

davo_

good kid
HSC
I honestly didn't think a great deal of them til I saw them at Falls. They put on a fucking awesome show - and really thats what music is about. Someone has already pointed out the stuff about originality etc- so I won't bother visiting it again. And sorry to all you teenybopping fellas who believe that looks are just as important as sound in the music industry.

PiGMAN

HSC
I think it's a tragedy that Wolfmother and Zep are getting mentioned in the same breath, even if it's only as far as Wolfmother were inspired by them. Give me a break.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Wolfmother are fine.

PS: To all the people crying that they sound like Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath, are you just making that call because you only know two bands from that era? I won't dispute that they sound very 70s, but they sound nothing like Sabbath and Zeppelin. To my ear, the only real similarity is that their music isn't overproduced, thankfully.

IMO they sound more like Yes and Blue Oyster Cult (without cowbell).

HSC
neo_o said:
Wolfmother are fine.

PS: To all the people crying that they sound like Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath, are you just making that call because you only know two bands from that era? I won't dispute that they sound very 70s, but they sound nothing like Sabbath and Zeppelin. To my ear, the only real similarity is that their music isn't overproduced, thankfully.

IMO they sound more like Yes and Blue Oyster Cult (without cowbell).
MORE COWBELL etc!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
MORE COWBELL etc!
Indeed! I don't care what anyone else thinks, but IMO it's cowbell that really makes a good song.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
I take exception to the Grates being derided in this post by the outlandish threader. I'll assume the rest of you agree with me judging by the fact that wolfmother and the mars volta are the only ones who've come in for a pasting.

Thought so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)