• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Woolworths Group Interviews... (1 Viewer)

It

HSC
Woolworths Interviews...

hi,

the other night i attended a group assessment thing for woolworths and found it to be quite interesting.....

there was one woman amongst the group that was extremely loud and obnoxious and i think that she had been planted by woolworths to cause trouble... has anyone been thru the woolworths system and noticed this? is anyone aware that this is something they do? She seemed too annoying to just be a normal annoying person and the recruitment team always seemd to smirk when she arked up.....

anyway, im just asking cos im curious. has anyone been thru the woolworths recruitment system? how did u find it? how long b4 u were told of ur outcome?

i have now experienced both woolworths and colesmyer group interviews and i must say id rather work with woolworths, they actually seem like they give a stuff!

anyway, ur thoughts are appreciated...

Last edited:

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
I did the woolies group assessment a while back when i did it there was nobody there that seem loud and obnoxious like yours but i proberly didn't notice anyway.

which woolies did you do this assessment at ?

They actually tell you the outcome of your assessment faster than colesmyer which i remember i did it on a Wednesday night and they rang me on a friday to do a one on one interview with the store manager.

It

HSC
I did mine at one of the the regional head office (im in melbourne) and not at a store. I almost think that i found the interview half enjoyable... maybe im just weird!

It

HSC
wow, this is a thrilling thread isnt it?

there must be some people who have been thru the whole woolworths thing, and im really interested in to hear what you think of it.

thanks

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
is this to gain employment or something after...cos all i did to get the job was to go to two interviews where the questions were exactly the same

They told me a day to ring back and see if i got it and i did
no group interview or anything

Scanorama

HSC
I put the application of Woolies a while back, it said they will ring me for interview whenever they need people. But how long does it take them to ring you interview after the internet application is submitted?

It

HSC
It took them about 2 months before they replied to my internet application for a phone "screening" where they just asked me a series of questions before asking me to attend a group interview for a position in a particular store. Im still yet to receive a reply (phone or email) and i did the group interview a week ago. should i be worried? how long does it normally take?

Thanks

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
If you pass then they will ring within the next week.
If you don't then you will receive an email or a letter saying you didn't pass it.

it took them 1 year to ring me after i lodge the application

dingding

Señor Member
HSC
it took about 2 weeks to call me after my application, then a week to call me after the group interview. But the store was expanding when I applied so they were hiring heaps of people which probably sped up the process.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Hmmm i went to the group interview things a few months back, there were 2 groups of people: people like me who were woolies virgins and others who had worked before left and were now coming back. god those people annoyed me "when I worked at woolies...." "WE never did it like that..." bal balh balh

I loved the "woolies community video" if was exciting.

It

HSC
It has been a week and 2 days since the interview (feels like 3 years) and as yet no reply via email or phone! how long would you guys reccommend i wait b4 i call them up? i dont want to seem too pushy or anything... thanks

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
i say give it at least the end of next week before calling
sometimes they take 2 weeks to call and organise store interview.

asscookie

dork.
HSC
I don't see why one has to go through so much just to get a job as a checkout chick. Psychometric testing just to BAG GROCERIES???

kirabolton

HSC
Did they make you sing???

They made me sing.

It was horrible. For the next very dreadful and sickening days i had the damn woolworths song stuck in my head. I found that some people their were horrible, but to tell you the truth they were so incredibly unorganised i seriously doubt they would have planted somebody there.

I started working there six months ago, and went through the initial induction on the saturday, then a couple more week nights where they pretty much dragged you around the shop going here is food, here are registers and stuff, depends on what you are doing.

It

HSC
Lol @ singing.... that wld have been err, um odd!

They were all very organised at the interview i went to, (much more so than the colesmyer ppl).

I really hope they call soon cos i have my last exam on the 16th of nov and i really want to start soon!

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
they wanted us to sing on our induction
it was only some of the oldies that actually did lol.. veryyy sad
when i applied i didnt even have an interview, i applied on thursday and got a call on friday to come to an induction on saturday.. we have no idea how we got through but meh most of us are still there (3 years later)
we were the batch before training had to be at other stores and applications had to be online.. woo

It

HSC
Gees, i wish it was that quick for me.... all this waiting is reallllly annoying and i just want to know where i stand!

does ne1 work in produce? the position they called me about was for produce(and i didnt even apply for it). im kinda curious to know whats involved with all that exactly. the lady on the phone said something about packaging and displaying the fresh food. is that it? what else is involved?

kirabolton

HSC
It said:
Gees, i wish it was that quick for me.... all this waiting is reallllly annoying and i just want to know where i stand!

does ne1 work in produce? the position they called me about was for produce(and i didnt even apply for it). im kinda curious to know whats involved with all that exactly. the lady on the phone said something about packaging and displaying the fresh food. is that it? what else is involved?

OH GO FOR IT!!!

Produce is good! You look after fresh food including like the vegis and stuff, and WATER THE DAMN FLOWERS!!! You get to smell the Mangos...mmm and you don't have to deal with too many customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)