• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Woolworths Group Interviews... (2 Viewers)

It

HSC
cool, not having to deal with many ppl wld be good, cos i have low tolerance levels of stupid ppl. i emailed them today (2weeks +1 day) afta the interview..... the waiting game continues...

kirabolton

HSC
weeelll to not lie to you you'd still have to deal with people but not as much, and not whinging people...well not as much. i am just annoyed because i work at the check outs.

It

HSC
Still waiting to hear from these damn woolworths ppl... they said 1.5 weeks - its been 2.5! im slowly loosing patience as boredom consumes me...

ne1 else got ne thoughts on what working in produce involves... is it good/bad?

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
working there tomorrow but have been there 3 eyars
have to start at 6:30 cos the regular girl is not there uggghhhh

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
It said:
Still waiting to hear from these damn woolworths ppl... they said 1.5 weeks - its been 2.5! im slowly loosing patience as boredom consumes me...

ne1 else got ne thoughts on what working in produce involves... is it good/bad?
ring them, if they said 1.5. and it's been an extra week they may never ring back!

It

HSC
i got a reply from them earlier today which was practically copied straight off what it says on their webiste...

"Dear xxxxx,

If you would like to know how your application is progressing, please note
that once you have applied on-line, your application will be given
consideration by our team of recruitment officers. We use our best
endeavours to ensure all applications are viewed. Woolworths is one of
Australia's most popular companies and we receive a high volume of
applications, by applying online you are giving yourself the best possible
chance for prompt consideration.

Thank You For Your Interest In Working For Woolworths Limited."

these ppl are dicks... at the interview they said to contact them if they didnt contact us within the 1.5 weeks. now im apprehensive to call them cos i fear theyll think im annoying or whatever... i just wana bloody know where i stand!

what should i do?

It

HSC
anyone? hellloooooo! what should i do, they still havnt called me :(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
It said:
these ppl are dicks... at the interview they said to contact them if they didnt contact us within the 1.5 weeks. now im apprehensive to call them cos i fear theyll think im annoying or whatever... i just wana bloody know where i stand!

what should i do?
have you ever contacted them? if it's been more than 1.5 weeks after the interview and you haven't - call them

It

HSC
yeah, i sent them an email and got the reply that is posted above....

i havnt called yet cos im scared that theyll tell me to piss off for being desperate.

shld i call em tomorrow or not despite their email reply?

It

HSC
well today i called the receuitment ppl (assuming ne1 cares) and they said that they had passed my stuff onto the store, but they have been too lazy at the store to call me for another interview.

all i gotta do now is wait (some more) for them to call me....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yes i care, i am interested in seeing how these stores work

it's good you called then, you know where you stand

i also worry about calling because i think if i sound desperate they'll not want me because i'll be bugging them (but then i ask other people, they say to call, and sometimes you have to do just that)

mija

HSC
it took my online app 2 weeks before i got a call to come in 5 days later for a group interview. After that I was called the day after that I was successful and that I have another interview with a chosen store. Next day I got another call that I'd been successful and my induction would be on the coming saturday.
So yeah Now i've got training on Monday and don't know where it'll go from there.
It was pretty fast for me, only 10 or so out of the 20(?) got called back to the induction day.

It

HSC
GRRRR....

as i already mentioned, i called on thursday arvo (i think) and they said that my details had been handed onto the store and that the recruitment ppl wld now call the store n make them call me. well now it has been 4 full business days n still nothing!! what shld i do now? call recruitment again or just give up?

i just want a bloody job. they can exploit me all they like- im up for it. i told them id work anytime so y no call?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
don't give up :) either call or wait a few days and call, i repeat don't give up. it's so easy to do but there's no harm in calling and you might be lucky

It

HSC
ok, so its been a week now since i called the recruitment ppl and they told me theyd call the store and have them to call me. i am really really apprehensive about calling them again cos like i have said i dont wana sound pushy or desperate (even tho i am). i dont care at this point whether or not i have the job or what, i just want to bloody know. atleast colesmyer told me that they didnt have a position atm for me!

when shld i call? its getting close to christmas n i doubt theyll want to be training me b4 then. sheesh this is bloody annoying.

thanks

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it's been a week, call again today, tomorrow, sun or mon. (this is easy for me to say because i am not in your position but i know what it feels like and i had to do this and i had to just forget about being a pain and feeling stupid and just do it.)

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
its weird that woolies is now really selective. As in having group interviews. It doesnt really take a brain surgeon to do the job but i think the reason for the group interviews besides the efficiency is that they want to up their image. At a training thing i did last year we had to learn all about the company and the processes ... not that i remember it. Also about customer service.

As for waiting.... give them maybe 7 working days. Even the recruitment people are usually given other jobs. Our person works in variety. So they may not have had a proper chance to go through it all. When i got my position, even though it wasnt group interview, they told me to ring them to find out if i had the job.

It

HSC
thanks for ur advice guys, il prob end up calling them wed next week considering its now afta 5pm on friday and i doubt ne1 will be there to answer my calls over the w/e. also, cant call mon or tuesday as im goin into hospital.

by then it will be 5 weeks afta the group interview.

(btw do u reckon i shld call recruitment or the store direct?)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i assumed you were calling the store direct. good question. both? the problem with calling recruitment is they may say yeah they'll ring and you'll be in the same position as now. prob with calling the store is you may not get to talk to the right person and they might not know what they're saying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)