Work placement (1 Viewer)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
yeah but you still need to according to the BOS.
workplacement is the major major part of any VET courses

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
yep... i gotta do 1 extra day coz i had glandular fever last yr.. grrr

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
yeh.. but sitll gotta do an extra day...
unless myh extra hours this yr can make up for it

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
dont worrie
just dont do it all together like this years' and the one extra day.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
work placement sucked. did it for a week last yr and another week this yr. it was the same thing in two different companies... and didn't learn anything that i didn't already know. waste of time & money =/

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
We have every second day off of school so I do it then. It only takes a term of free fridays and then i have the rest to hang out with my boy when i should be studying:)D) I did mine for year 11 and i went to this real estate and they didnt really have anything for me to do so they just let me play games on their laptop pretty much the whole time and just ticked off that i did everything, it was so boring!!!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I remember doing the most boring work placement ever. In year 11 i was doing tourism so i did work placement at a travel agency and the week which i happened to do it was exactly one year after sep 11 - that was such a boring and a waste of a week ... played more solitaire than what i did work!

soulprincess-89

HSC
i did my yr 11 work placement at st josephs primary school in western sydney. i was doing admin. i did a bit of everything it was good because i was never bored. i knew it all already though, there was nothing much to be learnt but id never had a job before so there was a novelty to it and our school made it so we didnt have to do any assignments or anthing in that week so it was a nice break. im worried that it will cut into study this year though and that i will end up at a crap place.

redhead69

HSC
We do te whole work placement in year 11 to avoid anything in year 12. Normally it's done on a Wednesday which seniors used to get off, but they are bring it back in for my year.

Rhystah

HSC
Sexy_Rach said:
Does anyone else have to do 1 week work experience??? I think it sux...yr 12 man...i mean do we really have teh time to do work placement for such an easy subject????/
-_-... Most of my class failed the OH&S exam and couldn't do it. This left me having to do TWO work placements in this year. Even worse, I missed out on getting into getting Captain and things like that because I was at work placement during the speech nad interview and voting...

Gah. Work Placement sucks.

mememememe

HSC
I did 2 weeks of workplacement in year 11, but as I got ill during a week at the hospital, had to do another week to make up the hours. I then picked up 2 units for cert III and had to do another 2 weeks. I went to the school in every lunch break, filled them in on the 4 warning letters I got for missing the classes, how behind I was and that I was simply running to the bank, post office, making coffee and doing dishes. They agreed to forge the paperwork and I now have to do 2 modules in one day.

In short, yes I think workplacement is bs, especially in a course where you can't do anything.

Rose-xx

HSC
i did workplacement last week at the swissotel sydney!! love it hahhaa. the people were great and the work wasnt too bad. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)