Working Holiday Canada (1 Viewer)

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Has anyone done any of the international exchange programs like the working holiday ones, or more particularly, the work/ski program offered for Canada?

How was it? What was good? What was bad?

I'm seriously considering going to the Canada work/ski program next year, but I thought I might check out some opinions of those who went rather than the ones they post on the website ;)

fallenfairy

HSC
Im heading over on september 1st 09. Going through IEP OSWH etc is a waste of money-- you can get the visa and organise everything from here with no problems. BUT they give you the security of a job. Everyone ive spoken to say its one of the best things theyve done, whistler is the most popular but aparently big white is excellent too.

if you land a job through one of the programs, try your hardest to get staff housing, its discounted and a hell of a lot easier for when you first turn up!!

this is one of the best links Ive found in regards to things you need to organise. Basically, if working over in canada in the ski resorts was so shit, no one would go back. but they do -- in droves!

whistler working holiday tips - forums.ski.com.au

Em

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
enjoy listening to the gay canadian accent.

HoCo8

HSC
bumping thread for more info. been looking at the same thing. looking to head over april 2010 for both summe and winter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)