Workload (1 Viewer)

limbo-gal

HSC
Just wondering... how many hour(s) a night should I be expecting to have to devote to school work in year 11?

Simply put, I've never studied before, I'm a huge do-the-whole-assignment-the-night-before person and I'm scared that I'm going to completely crash and burn in year 11...

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
I know I didn't put that much time in per night and I still got through it fine enough :eek:

That being said, recommended study times in years 11 and 12 are usually between 2 and 3 hours, so consistent work for that amount a time a day should be more than enough to get you through :)

Lai

c a r p e . d i e m
HSC
huumm...didn't study much in year 11, regret it now because not only am i going to crash an burn, but also be blown away like dust!

Its not that you HAVE to study, its "recommend" that you study in year 11, so that in year 12, you'll WANT to study. I always get all inspired after reading some "how to study tech." but never get around to trying them, then back to square one. Really those "how to study tech." is pretty much "set yourself a goal and work your way to it." If that makes sense...:eek: You'll be surprised, the person who can really motivate you, is really yourself.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
I know I didn't put that much time in per night and I still got through it fine enough :eek:

That being said, recommended study times in years 11 and 12 are usually between 2 and 3 hours, so consistent work for that amount a time a day should be more than enough to get you through :)
Eek! 2-3 hours study only? Or 2-3 hours study include homework?

Sofstar

HSC
I just did my homework and if i had trouble with something i'd do more work. Though i still didnt do that well, in maths mainly. Hehehe.
Try getting into the habit of making notes if you don't already, according to dot-point those handy sheets lying around.
Motivation wise....pick someone in your class who's relatively smart and try and beat em. Or pick a friend who always seems to get good marks.
You won't crash and burn.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
limbo-gal said:
Just wondering... how many hour(s) a night should I be expecting to have to devote to school work in year 11?

Simply put, I've never studied before, I'm a huge do-the-whole-assignment-the-night-before person and I'm scared that I'm going to completely crash and burn in year 11...
Oi, you! Add me as a buddy! ;)

I'm not too stressed about Year 11. I plan to totally change my study habits, and hope it'll work out for me. If not, I'll experiment some more until I've perfected it, and shall blitz Year 12 and live happily ever after.

Last edited:

limbo-gal

HSC
Sofstar said:
Motivation wise....pick someone in your class who's relatively smart and try and beat em. Or pick a friend who always seems to get good marks.
Thanks for the tip! It appeals to my competitive nature...

Also, is there a best way to organise your subject notes? What are people's opinions on loose leaf paper vs. note books?

Hero Of Time

HSC
N/A
Sofstar said:
I just did my homework and if i had trouble with something i'd do more work. Though i still didnt do that well, in maths mainly. Hehehe.
Try getting into the habit of making notes if you don't already, according to dot-point those handy sheets lying around.
True, working with another intelligent student is extremely helpful.

ditto.

HSC
5 minutes bent over the teacher's desk should take care of it, tbh.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
ditto. said:
5 minutes bent over the teacher's desk should take care of it, tbh.
Or kneeling under it, depending on their needs.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Some people have magically expectations about how the next two years will work out. :p

As for discussions on the workload read up here.

You won't crash and burn although if you continue on your path of last minute assignment completing then it will become quite stressful however that type of student usually gets through it all it just depends on the student how well you will do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)