World Youth Day (1 Viewer)

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Anyone here going to WYD?

Post here if you are

I've been contemplating going except i'm confused about registration.

do we have to pay if you only want to go to the final mass?

cheers

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
undalay said:
Name is misleading imo.
http://www.wyd2008.org/index.php/en/faqs said:
World Youth Day is an invitation from the Pope to all the youth of the world without discrimination. While World Youth Day celebrates the Catholic faith, its message is relevant to all people and all are welcome. Many non-Catholic Christians and others have taken part in previous WYDs.
:)

bearpaw

HSC
my best friends brothers gf went to the last one in cologne, germany and she said she almost cried when the pope came past and shes hardly religious at all

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
cost of registration is exorbitant. it's almost pentecostal.

Ithilethiel

HSC
CharlieB said:
Anyone here going to WYD?

Post here if you are

I've been contemplating going except i'm confused about registration.

do we have to pay if you only want to go to the final mass?

cheers
It depends on how involved you want to get.
To go to Randwick you will need to pay over $100 for a ticket, I'm not certain of the exact price but I think there will be jumbo screens in Centennial Park which you wouldn't have to pay to see and you'd probably actually see more of whats going on.
If you want to come and go to the activities during the week as you please I don't think there is a cost but if you choose to stay in the city you will have to pay over $300 however these packages are only on offer to groups. Groups that can register are parish groups and organisations such as St Vinnie's.
That's all I can think of at the moment.
Hope that was of help.

beckaa

HSC
ahhh i want to go to. i'm slightly religious, i believe in god but i dont go to church. its basically the atmosphere i want. theres going to be more people there than the sydney olympics.

sooo exciting. everyone should goo.

i hate how people are like its catholic yada convert me yada. get overr it. its a celebration of youth not conversion.

*Minka*

HSC
If it was a celebration of youth, we'd all be getting drunk and having a huge party, not listening to the Pope bang ona bout underage alter boys whilst condeming homosexiality.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
A poster here is actually a papal representative for WYD. Contact him if you want to know any more information than has already been published.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Ithilethiel said:
It depends on how involved you want to get.
To go to Randwick you will need to pay over $100 for a ticket, I'm not certain of the exact price but I think there will be jumbo screens in Centennial Park which you wouldn't have to pay to see and you'd probably actually see more of whats going on.
If you want to come and go to the activities during the week as you please I don't think there is a cost but if you choose to stay in the city you will have to pay over $300 however these packages are only on offer to groups. Groups that can register are parish groups and organisations such as St Vinnie's.
That's all I can think of at the moment.
Hope that was of help.

Prices:

http://www.wyd2008.org/index.php/en/pilgrims_registration/register/registration_packages

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
thanks for the responses.

I'm hosting and ushering/crowd controlling during the week so i think im entitled to a spot at randwick.

!

should be fun

dior1

HSC
N/A
for those who are going to to WYD, will you be doing any suvenior swapping? if so, what will you bring up 4 swaps?

dior1

HSC
N/A
dior1 said:
for those who are going to to WYD, will you be doing any suvenior swapping? if so, what will you bring up 4 swaps?
anyone?

suzieee

HSC
im going with a church youth group, mum said she would pay if i decided to go so i thought why not? its a free week in sydney lol. we have accommodation right in the centre of sydney and dont have to go to any of the chatechesis things if we dont want to. my boyfriend is going as well so it should be good :)

dior1

HSC
N/A
no cathecesis (sp?) ?! thats awesome as haha

still have no clue about what to swap with people. oh and it is basically just swapping suveniors with foreign peeps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)