Would anyone believe this? (1 Viewer)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I achieved an ATAR of 98.50 with only night before study for every exam (except for English Belonging which I started maybe 2 days before). I would estimate I had an average of 3 - 4 hours study for each exam.

My subjects were English Adv. Geography, Maths Extension 1 + 2, PDHPE and Economics.

Do you think this is possible? Or am I just lying.
Hmmm are you saying you didn't study at all for your school exams either?

I would believe you if and only if you adjusted it so that you studied a bit for your school exams as well.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I did way better in HSC than I did in School Certificate so I reckon School Certificate is harder :p

Schoey93

HSC
A girl in my school did the same subjects as you (except she did Business Studies instead of Geography) and she got 99.60 even though everyone else got like <90. My school's somewhere in the 600s. Hahaha, she's smarter than you.
The OP is lying. Not cuz of scaling, purely bcoz it was obvious in the 'tone' of his written expression. A good truth teller can detect these lies...

/also, well done to that girl. She proves that scaling hearsay and rumour is an alkeyholic punch mix of: lies, vodka, more vodka, lemonade, lies, lies, grape juice, lies and a sprits of lies.

Schoey93

HSC
I did way better in HSC than I did in School Certificate so I reckon School Certificate is harder :p
I don't think you shared your ATAR, and if you did: I missed it. Did you get the elusive 99.95 ATAR (Rank 1)

or did you get about Rank 4, 99.85?

:/

Schoey93

HSC
LOL
I wanna get exactly 99.85. It's rank 3. I <3 number 3's and I LOVE number 13. Gotta love it, the Italians do: there were 13 people at the last supper after all :p

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Another confirm here.

And my friend, he studied night before for basically every subject. Got 97.4

Only at Grammar guys, only at grammar :)
I thought he got 98.5?

EDIT: My bad. I didn't read it properly. Good work (Y)

5qirtl3

Banned
HSC
i achieved an atar of 98.50 with only night before study for every exam (except for english belonging which i started maybe 2 days before). I would estimate i had an average of 3 - 4 hours study for each exam.

My subjects were english adv. Geography, maths extension 1 + 2, pdhpe and economics.

Do you think this is possible? Or am i just lying.
lies

bettina44

HSC
i'll admit that i didn't give my all this year cause stuff got the better of me, so i definitely did not deserve the half decent atar i got but i still tried hard though i didn't full on study. what the OP said is a whole lotta bs, sif you didn't even try.

Last edited:

miaowsha

HSC
How am I showing off? No one knows who I am.

And apart from that, as I expected, I am getting more abuse than anything else. I was honestly curious to see if anyone at all would believe me.
I believe it, they're all just pissed off because they studied 24/7 and got lower/same/not much higher than you.

Meh, I cant see any reason you'd make it up...unless you are a really bored troll or something.
I dont see why it would be impossible, just pretty damn rare.
But (no offence) I really couldnt give a fuck whether you did or didnt.
If you don't care, why reply for? If he were a troll, wouldn't replying simply be feeding him?

I don't really know why you would make a thread about something as trivial as this. It isn't really something to brag about or be proud of, even if it is true.

All it shows is that you didn't really care about getting into tertiary education, or achieving a good ATAR - otherwise you would have made an effort and actually studied more, no matter how confident you were.
Why would it say that? According to your signature you only beat him by a little bit. It seems that you're a bit jealous :eek:

Perhaps he's just lucky and has a great memory. Perhaps even a European education. Why should someone sit there and study what they already know enough to do well in an exam? Just because you only beat him by a little bit and studied your butt off doesn't mean that someone can't beat you. I bet he just has a better memory than your average.

miaowsha

HSC
you are full of shit.

its not possible to be able to articulate yourself and apply knowledge without at least having a faint understanding of the subject. even if you had fantastic memory, you would have to read through alot of material. just reading up on the necessary material would have taken more effort than you try to dismiss in your post.

more importantly... if you relli didnt give a shit about your atar then i srsly doubt you would join bored of studies and tell everyone your mark and ask who would believe how smart you are. im guessing you're the type of person that tells himself hes not trying hard so that if you fail you dont feel stupid.

but guess what... in the end you fucked your hsc neway. even if you genuinely did not try you still sold yourself short of your potential and noones going to give a shit about you in a weeks time when you tell them your atar and you desperately try to convince them of the immense lack of effort you put in to your studies in the hope that they give you more respect than your atar deserves.
Jealous much? He got > 98. It IS possible for some people. Why don't stupid people understand that?

miaowsha

HSC
You may be truly naturally intelligent (though unlikely), but it's too bad that you have an enormous ego. Most highly intellegent people would display their intellegence in a modest manner. Sorry bro.

Either that or you could be some bored fat asian nerd with no friends, attempting to gain social satisfaction and entertainment. Even more sorry if this is the case.

Oh and I got a (much) higher atar than you, and studied 0min/day between exam periods, and 30min-4hrs/ nights before exams. Once again, I'm sorry, but you've been pushed down to 2nd best.
Considering that 100% is the maximum Atar one can get, I don't see how 1.5% or less is "much" higher than him if you even did beat him :) You seem to be very jealous and insecure, hehe. Did you describe yourself up there? ^_^

Don't get why so many people are butthurt when they don't even believe him.
They're jealous as they all studied their butts off and got lower, same or marginally higher than him.

You are lying and what you just wrote is impossible. I repeat, impossible. But I'll tell you what's true.

- You got 98.50 (possibly a little lower but still >97.5)
- You got through on natural talent, and by working consistently for every assessment tasks, but not on anything else.
- You're happy because the marks are better than you expected, but a little disappointed knowing that you could have gotten over 99.5 with more effort.
- As a consequence you want to be applauded for you're effort-mark ratio, so you posted on here.
- To make sure you got the accolade you wanted you have seriously exaggerated how much you didn't study.
- You're a big fat fucking tool.
What's wrong with 98.5? Why wouldn't he be happy? Why is he a tool? Aren't you the tool for being jealous of him having natural talent?

M@ster P

HSC
You are lying and what you just wrote is impossible. I repeat, impossible. But I'll tell you what's true.

- You got 98.50 (possibly a little lower but still >97.5)
- You got through on natural talent, and by working consistently for every assessment tasks, but not on anything else.
- You're happy because the marks are better than you expected, but a little disappointed knowing that you could have gotten over 99.5 with more effort.
- As a consequence you want to be applauded for you're effort-mark ratio, so you posted on here.
- To make sure you got the accolade you wanted you have seriously exaggerated how much you didn't study.
- You're a big fat fucking tool.
nice logic

M@ster P

HSC
Reminds me of that Jenny thread a year ago when she was boasting about an 81 atar while partying most nights, funny shit. Although I like this year's one better cause the Op is still posting.
lol like that thread, this thread was just made to piss people off, however that Jenny thread is much more possible than this

Erotic Cakes

HSC
What's wrong with 98.5? Why wouldn't he be happy? Why is he a tool? Aren't you the tool for being jealous of him having natural talent?
There's something wrong with it if he could have done better. I got a similar mark, and was a little disappointed because with a little more effort I could have done much better. I'm not jealous at all, because he didn't get the mark and he's not particularly talented. He's a tool for boasting about an imaginary story for the adoration of idiots like yourself.

Can you hear that? Listen closely. Yep. That's the sound of you gagging on his balls.

ericanime123

HSC
I believe you because I did something similar! I had like maybe 1 day of study per subjects if I was lucky and for English and Biology, I probably gave them each 4 days because of the "holiday" break period. My Atar is close to yours

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
muhahahah
I don't want to believe you, because then I won't study at all for my HSC.

gotta fight the urge to believe you

Bar901

HSC
Hahahahahah ok this is just getting beyond funny.

What I do find interesting is that the majority of people have decided that not only did I study hard, but that I also did a lot worse than what I have claimed. Only a few have come to the conclusion that perhaps I did get 98.5, but that I also studied.

I was thinking of taking a screen shot of my marks or a scan of my ATAR, but I am sure that will just be dismissed as a fake anyway. Not that I care if any of you believe me..

Will get around to replying to some of the funnier posts in a second.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)