Would u rather someone tell u the truth or lie? (2 Viewers)

Do you like the truth?

• Yes

Votes: 115 87.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 12.9%

• Total voters
HSC
bubz :D said:
well the thing is, even though i'd rather not hear the truth coz it's usually more painful, i always tell that personto tell it anyway (and regret asking them in the first place :p)

the truth hurts and unfortunately it's somtehing we gotta live with :(
the truth would hurt 4 u aye

joking bubzibabes joking

nah but i think deep down everyone knows whetha their being lied 2 or not, its just whetha or not their prepared 2 face and accept that possibility

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
i always prefer being told the truth. yet i seldom tell the truth. i don't mind being hurt but i can never bear to hurt others.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
so is it better to tell the truth....

or lie to save their face?

sorry, just being random and have a few things on my mind. guys, would you want your girlfriend to be honest with you when she wants to talk about something, even though it might damage your ego etc? girls, same question :p and DO you tell your boy/girlfriend the truth? even if it's something that sounds completely superficial?

coz i know that (GENERALLY) a lot of guys can get offended and very defensive, very quickly, when they hear things that they don't like... especially when it's about them. i just find it hard to because i personally don't like arguments (i mean, who does?) and i always try to avoid them... but i guess sometimes you just gotta tell it like it is.

i know the truth can hurt but it's worth it in the long run, i'd much rather be hurt now and get over it, than dwell on it for ages without knowing for sure.

</random>

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
the truth shall set you free
its always better to tell the truth and be straighforward
then to lie or avoid something or keep something back from the person

the last laugh
HSC
ta guys ...

what do you think about the defensiveness thing though?

the last laugh
HSC
woohoo thanks em, i knew there was an existing thread but couldn't find it :D

the last laugh
HSC
i know. it's just that some things i want to say, to me, sound kinda superficial... nothing to do with appearance etc - and i can't go into detail here either :p and from previous experiences, when i try to talk about something they get upset and defensive straight away (even though they know i'm probably right), making me feel really bad so i don't continue :\

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
I know this sounds dumb & stupid, but I can't lie (I feel like I have a weight on my shoulders if I do) I would prefer to tell the truth than carry the guilt around that accompanies a lie. Another thing too people can tell easily if I'm lying or not so yeah...

s0k0y0e0

HSC
I'd rather the truth!

...the truth of things is the chief nutriment of superior intellects.
- Leonardo da Vinci :uhhuh:

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
ta guys ...

what do you think about the defensiveness thing though?
i think it would depend on what you're saying, sometimes they would be justified in getting defensive.

another thing is, there's a big difference between being honest and being insensitive or harsh. if it's something you know will upset the other person then it's usually best to tone it down a bit, cos they don't need to get even more hurt.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
coz i know that (GENERALLY) a lot of guys can get offended and very defensive, very quickly, when they hear things that they don't like... especially when it's about them.
Yeah, some guys just suck.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
i know. it's just that some things i want to say, to me, sound kinda superficial... nothing to do with appearance etc - and i can't go into detail here either :p and from previous experiences, when i try to talk about something they get upset and defensive straight away (even though they know i'm probably right), making me feel really bad so i don't continue :\
if these things are annoying you enough to think about them a lot, then obviously you've gotta deal with it by telling him how you feel. just because you think it's superficial doesn't mean that it is, and you never know, he might not even realise that these things annoy or hurt you. it's better to be honest and just bring it up and deal with it, the sooner you deal with a problem, the sooner it goes away.

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
i think that if your going to hurt someone by telling the truth then you don't have to be very frank and straight out about it. For example- if your in a relationship and uve done something that ur partner would be really badly hurt about, BUT u regret it and would never do it again...then a lie of ommision is probably the best thing. U've learnt your lesson and there's no point puttting the other person through the pain.

But i think when your talking about things that have the potential to change another person's life and are really serious, that person deserves to have the full truth...

Yeah...that was my two cents....

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
champ_sammy_19 said:
I know this sounds dumb & stupid, but I can't lie (I feel like I have a weight on my shoulders if I do) I would prefer to tell the truth than carry the guilt around that accompanies a lie. Another thing too people can tell easily if I'm lying or not so yeah...
Yeah me too, i just can't lie, i don't like lying, and im shit at it. I am accustomed to telling the truth. But i must admit, there are times when you have to tell the truth, and sometimes when you should not. Morally, telling the truth is the best way, but not always, *ahem*, as i have learnt the hard way :p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)