Would You Have A Relationship With Someone That Left Their Partner To Be With You? (1 Viewer)

?

• Total voters

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I know there are variables, depends on the situation, but generally speaking, would you?

There is no back story and I'm not in a similar situation... I just wanna know numbers.

44Ronin

HSC
Re: Would You Have A Relationship With Someone That Left Their Partner To Be With You

Fuck no. Get some self respect and basic human decency for fuck's sake

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Re: Would You Have A Relationship With Someone That Left Their Partner To Be With You

Whatever they did to them, they'll do to you, right?

I just know so many who have.

How could you ever trust them? But some of these are like, solid relationships that come out of them. :S

yer8899

HSC

yes.
exception- if i knew or was friends with the person who got dumped

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC

Whatever they did to them, they'll do to you, right?

I just know so many who have.

How could you ever trust them? But some of these are like, solid relationships that come out of them. :S
do you think the same about people who've cheated?

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC

Hm.

If this is a rebound relationship, by principle, no; however, if someone does break up with their partner, and makes it blatantly clear that they'd like to be with me, that's a different matter, with a different answer. (And, given that they've made clear their feelings and thoughts, then it would be rude to refuse, nay? (The counterargument is that 'oh dear, I made such a lovely item break up, o rly?))

I'm totally okay with expiring old, in my fortress of solitude, with my stony cold heart lonely and impenetrable shell; or, (what others and I would perceive to be) young but worn down and into, lonely, and like from Takotsubo cardiomyopathy, if it only worked as its name might imply (if I could be affected).

Damnit, human growth and development is depressive and leaves me racked with the want for the human touch or some emotional support or affection.

Why this thread, ur_inner_child? =s
But isn't love an opportunity that shouldn't ever be passed on, and thus worthy of selfless and shameless opportunism?
love your posts

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC

do you think the same about people who've cheated?
Seems like I'm leaning that way, aren't I?

Perhaps. I don't know.

What do you think about it?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

i'd feel pretty important and wanted, so yea

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC

ur_inner_child said:
Seems like I'm leaning that way, aren't I?

Perhaps. I don't know.

What do you think about it?
i'd like to think not. otherwise oh no :(

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC

What if they were engaged/married and left to be with you?

In principle it shouldn't be a "whole other story", right?

pete_finlay

HSC

nope. been there, done that.

she left me with genital warts, went back to him, broke up with me via sms after spending a week's holiday together the week before, and never apologised for anything. blamed everything on me too

think it has more to do with being a bitch and low quality person in general than her breaking up with someone

cookie.banana

Banned
HSC

nope. been there, done that.

she left me with genital warts, went back to him, broke up with me via sms after spending a week's holiday together the week before, and never apologised for anything. blamed everything on me too

think it has more to do with being a bitch and low quality person in general than her breaking up with someone
cool story hansel

yer8899

HSC

But isn't love an opportunity that shouldn't ever be passed on, and thus worthy of selfless and shameless opportunism?
the possibility of falling in love at my age is laughable imo so no. as time goes on, my opinion may change.

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC

couldn't blame someone for leaving an inferior relationship in order to be with me tbh

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC

Every relationship is abstract and each has its different ups-and-downs, and thus cannot be compared by any sort of quantitative or comparative measure, though.(?)
relationships can absolutely be compared. why would anyone ever break up if all relationships were equal?

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC

Oh, you came close to tearing me a new external anal sphincter; nicely played there. =/

'sif relationships can be compared? And, in any case, done so objectively or with minimal bias.
Novelty and commitmentphobia are but two reasons and/or rationalizations; there are more whys and wherefores.
i'm not saying that there are universal criteria, but on an individual level everyone is entitled to judge the relative qualities of their relationships according to whatever criteria they please.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC

I have been on both sides of this - left someone to be with someone else, someone else left their partner to be with me - and to be honest, I'd do it again.

There are SO many variables and differing circumstances with what people try to classify as black and white issues. Trust should be inherent in a relationship, it should be built. I can't ever imagine starting a relationship with trust already on the table so, for me, "not trusting them because of this situation" wouldn't be an issue. It'd be something else to deal with but not a dealbreaker.

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC

i wouldnt. just the whole trust issue i think. however, i'm open to my opinions being changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)