WRIT Subjects (1 Viewer)

neontiger

HSC
Has anyone taken any WRIT subjects? What are the assessments/lectures/tutorials like? I'm considering WRIT1001 for next semester, I hear it's quite an easy Distinction.

allira92

HSC
I took I think was WRIT1001? last year I'm fairly sure it was called academic english. I found it to be an easy distinction, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it was a bludge. It definitely teaches you how to write strong essays but the level at which they go into the theory behind it was absolutely ridiculous. The tutes are practical but the lecturer was a MASSIVE wanker and he made the lectures compulsory by giving out a 'password' that would unlock the online component for the week. By all means take the subject if you feel it will help but be warned the constant name dropping by the lecturer while he talks about sentence structure will make you want to neck yourself.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
I did WRIT1002 this semester. It was interesting and a great way to start uni and learn how to write academically. It's easy to get great marks in, but you don't really learn much.

I highly recommend PHIL2642 - Critical Thinking, it's a senior unit with no prerequisites but 12 junior credit points within the university (which you have if you have done 2 units this sem).

It's a useful course that actually teaches you to think on your feet. It's not as easy as WRIT, but generally not as difficult as any of the other courses.

d0mokun

HSC
im considering writ1000 simply because of the easy marks to boost my gpa. BUMP!!!! for writ1000 not the other writ subject though lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)