WSU Chatter Thread (9 Viewers)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Re: UWS Chatter Thread

My degree is 5 years but im pretty much at hospital fulltime from 3rd year onwards

muhahahahahaha

HSC

My degree is 5 years but im pretty much at hospital fulltime from 3rd year onwards
lucky duck! I wish we could be placed in law firms and courts from 3rd year onwards too! and haha thanks for rubbing it in..darn you gold bar (rep is lyf :cry:)
What do you guise think? should i quit my retail job and look for a job in a law firm instead? (the pay will be the same..unless i get an internship which means that i probably wont get paid at all lol)

mirakon

nigga
HSC

lucky duck! I wish we could be placed in law firms and courts from 3rd year onwards too! and haha thanks for rubbing it in..darn you gold bar (rep is lyf :cry:)
What do you guise think? should i quit my retail job and look for a job in a law firm instead? (the pay will be the same..unless i get an internship which means that i probably wont get paid at all lol)
Will the stuff u do at the firm be relevant to ur career?

Also u could make valuable contacts which is always a plus

muhahahahahaha

HSC

Yeah I dont care if I dont get paid for my work. End of the day, it's all about the experience and building up that resume and legal knowledge and contacts (as you said).
In the fun fun fun world of law, it's and I quote from a lecturer "It's not about what you know, it's about who you know that gets you places in law"
I want to work in commercial/corporate law so hopefully I could get myself into a firm that focuses specifically on those areas.
I want to get into one of those big ass fancy law firms (Slater and Gordon) etc etc because that'll look absolutely fantastic on the resume and if I wow them with my awesomeness, they'd offer me a job there for when I graduate.

I mean I finish one degree by the end of next year so Im thinking maybe work in finance first as a part time job (while doing my law degree) and then getting a law job later on?

mirakon

nigga
HSC

Up to you, I know next to nothing about how either commerce or law works lol

How long is the law degree?

muhahahahahaha

HSC

Finish comm at the end of next year..
law is an extra 2 years after that soo...ill be graduating at the end of 2015 from the law degree.

mirakon

nigga
HSC

which one of the law firm or finance job would require more commitment because you have to take into accout ur studies in those 2 years finishing the law degree

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Of course, Shadowdude was the code name of Skid McMarx from R&C3; great game. I can't wait till the HD trilogy comes out.
Hey, you got the reference! I approve heartily.

i wear tights :(

what other pants can you wear besides tights and jeans anyway?
Umm.. like Chinos or something. Don't know what they are but they're pants. Or, like... shorts.

but you wear tights? i can't even... i want to facepalm but i shouldn't

You have a retail job?

But srsly, I did work experience at a law firm - and... I really don't know what you'd be doing there. I spent half a day with paralegals and they were either on Facebook, or walking around the city delivering those large boxes of legal documents.

I waited at the Supreme Court with one of them for two hours with a box of documents. They took the box, stamped a few things and gave it back. Two hours, just for that.

Plus I had to carry a projector screen and a laptop because they also had to set up this presentation at a hotel in the city.

So really... yeah

muhahahahahaha

HSC

which one of the law firm or finance job would require more commitment because you have to take into accout ur studies in those 2 years finishing the law degree
Im really not sure jow time consuming those jobs would be. I havent really looked into it/asked. Im going to be working in an accounting firm during the busy tax season (its who you know ...not what you know :p)
My dad and the dude that owns all the branches have been friends ever since my dad came to Australia and the dude has known me since I was a zygote so yeah. He asked how my uni marks were and my dad told him that i got a HD in the exam and a Distinction overall and he was like cool, tell her she has a job here for the hols.

But afterwards...Im not sure where I want to work. The legal jobs available require heaps of previous experience and prerequisites and whatnot (Same with the finance jobs out there).

My aim for when I finish uni is to work as a member of the board of legal advisors for one of the big 4 banks.

muhahahahahaha

HSC

yes shadowdude. I have two jobs. I tutor and I work in retail.
I love both jobs but yeah retail wont get me far with what I want to do in the future career wise.

muhahahahahaha

HSC

hope harrisony is going okay with that finance essay. its due tomorrow for us haha (boredofstudies is such a distraction..i luv you guise too much)

thrillkiller

HSC

Umm.. like Chinos or something. Don't know what they are but they're pants. Or, like... shorts.

but you wear tights? i can't even... i want to facepalm but i shouldn't
Chinos? and what the heck is wrong with tights!?!

mirakon

nigga
HSC

I love both jobs but yeah retail wont get me far with what I want to do in the future career wise.
what do u tutor?

i had two jobs but i quit one because i was casual and they kept calling me at annoying times

muhahahahahaha

HSC

what do u tutor?

i had two jobs but i quit one because i was casual and they kept calling me at annoying times
I tutor English and Maths. Maths up to year 10 and English for all levels.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Chinos? and what the heck is wrong with tights!?!
Yeah I don't know what Chinos are either. And what's wrong with tights? They're not real pants :p

Ah, I heard about the tutoring. But still, retail gives you valuable skills.

muhahahahahaha

HSC

Retail lol...a lot of shallow girls and rude customers (Sadly, ive seen so so so much nipple. It's very disturbing on multiple scales)
No, I do not work in an underwear/lingerie store (of you were wondering)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)