WTF!!!!! MKTG1001 exam all multiple choice!!!!!???? (2 Viewers)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
What the fuck is this!!!! I am absolutelly furious to the point that I want to scream. Why the fuck is this shitty exam going to be all multiple choice??????!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!
Why does it only test the post-mid semester chapters. I spent all this time studying for the others.

We all know how stupid the past exam was. People who didn't study got higher marks than people who studied their arse off.
I mean, i'm pretty sure last year's exam was multiple choice and short answer. They can't do this bullshit to us again. FUUUUCK!@!!!!

...end of my little mental breakdown.

There goes my chance of transfering to com(lib)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
no im not. this is good for people who just want to pass, but shit for people like me who don't like their fate being determined by ambiguous multiple choice questions.
Marketing is:
A. The study of how consumers interact within markets and how to best communicate a products message to the consumer.
B. The study of bringing value to the consumer at a profit.
C. The study that involves different media in order to bring a message of a product to a consumer.

Oh, and all the above are correct. The text book talks about all 3 of the above. So which is more right?
I hate multiple choice.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh yeah. because they cant construct proper sentences.
shit, now there's more cause for me to be pissed off.
thus fucking sucks so much balls its crazy. and i know something about sucking balls.
I'm beyond frustrated.
It's less to study, but ... it's just gay. Plain fucking gay.
Fuck you paul henry. what kind of a name is that anyway. it's uninteresting. uninteresting like you. no one cares how you saved a margarine company from bankruptcy. no one cares how you buy your girlfriend $5000 dresses.
MARKET THIS! *shows rude finger. possibly penis.*

...well ok, i dont really hate you. but why did you sell out like this. stupid paul.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh and offcourse. the international student thing is so clear.
International students from NESB countries generally do subjects involving little language. There are so many asian exchange students in my marketing class that it's not funny.
I anticipate that next year they'll get rid of the presentations all together, otherwise their marks can slip. That would be bad since they pay so much money.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Hahah that's true you know, it IS the international students' influence making it this way.

It's the same with ACCT1001 literacy. I mean that was the biggest BS on earth

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
seriously, is there any way we can make a complaint. someone should do a petition too. its one thing to do this for a mid-semester, but its completely fucked to have it effect us THIS much, in a FINAL exam. whats the weighting for it? i'm seriously infuriated, i really do think i'm alright at marketing but i just missed out on a credit for the mid-sem (SO SHIT) so i'm sitting on a fucking pass, like you stas, and even if i got a fucking HD for the plan/pres, my final mark, if the final exam is gonna be anything like the mid-sem, wont reflect my talent or skill at this subject or even the EFFORT ive put into it ONE. FUCKING. BIT.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
1Time4thePpl said:
what was the acct1001 literacy?
Mysteriously, since about 2 years ago i think, we are required in acct1001 to write a short essay on some random question, based on our knoweldge of WEEK 1 accounting, simply to demonstrate we can write/structure arguments. People who got less than a satisfactory mark (we were told its about 10% of candidature) have to attend hours of workshops fixing their literacy.

If we didnt do the exam, we fail the unit. If we didnt attend corrective workshops, we fail the unit.
Hmmmmmmmm....wonder who that was for.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i dunno, maybe we should go see the SRC? I'll have a word to paul tomorrow.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
spin spin sugar said:
if the final exam is gonna be anything like the mid-sem, wont reflect my talent or skill at this subject or even the EFFORT ive put into it ONE. FUCKING. BIT.
This is the case with ECON1001. There's WAY too much multiple choice (way more than 1/2 our midsem exams) for anyone to demonstrate how much they've learnt.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
011 said:
Mysteriously, since about 2 years ago i think, we are required in acct1001 to write a short essay on some random question, based on our knoweldge of WEEK 1 accounting, simply to demonstrate we can write/structure arguments. People who got less than a satisfactory mark (we were told its about 10% of candidature) have to attend hours of workshops fixing their literacy.

If we didnt do the exam, we fail the unit. If we didnt attend corrective workshops, we fail the unit.
Hmmmmmmmm....wonder who that was for.
oh but that I think is actually fine. it helps international students with crap english attain better linguistic skills: become cunninglinguists.
However, in our case, they are making it so that international students are not disadvantaged by their poor english skills and as a result results are given out in the same way as in High school English:
teachers draw numbers out of hats for marks.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
011 said:
This is the case with ECON1001. There's WAY too much multiple choice (way more than 1/2 our midsem exams) for anyone to demonstrate how much they've learnt.
hahaha, you have no idea.
Mid-semester: 50/50 multiple choice
Final: 50/50 multiple choice.
ALL MULTIPLE CHOICE :p

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
1Time4thePpl said:
oh but that I think is actually fine. it helps international students with crap english attain better linguistic skills: become cunninglinguists.
Yeah but as if they'd gain any meaningful knowledge from it. Plus the midsem was almost a fill-in-the-blanks type exercise, almost demeaning to even do it.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
i dont get it

whats makes multiple choice easier than writing essays?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
011 said:
Yeah but as if they'd gain any meaningful knowledge from it. Plus the midsem was almost a fill-in-the-blanks type exercise, almost demeaning to even do it.
its times like this I almost think I'll become a racist redneck. Stop Australian immigration :p

stazi

Nightman
HSC
absolution* said:
i dont get it

whats makes multiple choice easier than writing essays?
it doesn't for us - if anything multiple choice is harder, especially in big quantities. it' much easier, however, for international (nesb) people.
this is partially why we're so pissed off.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
because it's harder to construct a sentence when you're an intl student than it is to recognise words and as such, colour in the appropriate dot on an answer sheet.

bull-fucking-shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)