WTF!!!!! MKTG1001 exam all multiple choice!!!!!???? (1 Viewer)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
it seriously doesn't and you don't do marketing and you didnt sit the last exam - the last exam was fucked. it's not simple multiple choice, its the most bullshit multiple choice ive ever seen in my life. and its not even PART of the exam.. its the entire thing. there's no level on which it could be considered fairer.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
the fact thats its "the most bullshit multiple choice" youve ever seen in your life reflects more on the people writing the exam than its relative fairness.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
that doesn't really make sense, cos either way we have to sit a ridiculous and unfair exam. regardless of who the dickhead is who wrote it.

i'm sure theres some subjects, even within the eco&bus faculty, in which an entirely multiple choice exam would be fair. but marketing isnt one of them. it's just a completely inappropriate way to gauge the better performers in this subject. and when im paying hundreds for even the priveledge of sitting the exam,i expect for said exam to be fair and appropriate. at the very least.

kow_dude

HSC
What the heck? What kind of exam involves only multiple choice?!?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
kow_dude said:
What the heck? What kind of exam involves only multiple choice?!?
hahhahahah exactly. i don't get it.
50% of our grade is multiple choice.

kow_dude

HSC
That's ridiculous. I can see why u are pissed off.

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
no im not. this is good for people who just want to pass, but shit for people like me who don't like their fate being determined by ambiguous multiple choice questions.
Marketing is:
A. The study of how consumers interact within markets and how to best communicate a products message to the consumer.
B. The study of bringing value to the consumer at a profit.
C. The study that involves different media in order to bring a message of a product to a consumer.

Oh, and all the above are correct. The text book talks about all 3 of the above. So which is more right?
I hate multiple choice.

clearly youd select option D - All of the above.

Multiple choice rules.

Now sit down. Shut up.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
myg0t said:
clearly youd select option D - All of the above.

Multiple choice rules.

Now sit down. Shut up.
no yougay. how'd you go in the last m.c?
if they don't have D, then you're screwed. then you lose. you lose uni.

hello99999

HSC
Ok i don't do marketing but i dont necessarily think that having an exam that's completely multiple choice will give international students that much of an advantage. the example question you gave "marketing is..." requires you to at least contemplate the meaning of the question and the responses given. sure, if you don't understand the question you can just take a stab in the dark and guess, but you aren't going to do well unless you at least understand the subject matter.

also in terms of practicality, marketing (as a profession) would, i assume, require you to have good decision-makingn skills, and you need to be a good decision-maker to do well in multiple choice (eg. all of these answers seem correct, but which is the BESt answer>>> all of these marketing strategies have advantages, but which is the strategy most in the interests of creating profits for my business?)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hello99999 said:
Ok i don't do marketing but i dont necessarily think that having an exam that's completely multiple choice will give international students that much of an advantage. the example question you gave "marketing is..." requires you to at least contemplate the meaning of the question and the responses given. sure, if you don't understand the question you can just take a stab in the dark and guess, but you aren't going to do well unless you at least understand the subject matter.

also in terms of practicality, marketing (as a profession) would, i assume, require you to have good decision-makingn skills, and you need to be a good decision-maker to do well in multiple choice (eg. all of these answers seem correct, but which is the BESt answer>>> all of these marketing strategies have advantages, but which is the strategy most in the interests of creating profits for my business?)
marketing is about your interpretation of something. it is whether YOU believe it will earn the company money. Sure, there are things that won't work and thus a long answer question exercise is much fair. Marketing isn't about what the examine perceives as the reality.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
absolution* said:
stas, you make no sense.
Ok. Marketing is very subjective. If you are presented with a task of gaining 5% market share, for example, you will approach the task based on what you deem correct. When marketing the Honda Jazz, one could consolidate on an advertising media in order to increase sales. Another person would consider launching a brand extension with a different target. A third person may see an opportunity within popularity of the vehicle for females and reorient the brands image.
All three of the above are completelly viable approaches. However, with multiple choice there is only one way to do things with no alternatives. We are adhering to what the examiner sees correct with no room for interpretation.

Clearer?

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Maybe thats because they dont want to have to mark a multitude of equally correct responses?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
absolution* said:
Maybe thats because they dont want to have to mark a multitude of equally correct responses?
i was giving an example to the person who said marketing is about decision making in real life etc.

As for an actual exam, I would expect there to be questions such as "what is marketing?" These are better answered long-answer not multiple choice. A lot of answers will still be incorrect but i think it's more appropriate to ask ambiguous questions like that by allowing room for expansion.

For those doing IR, can you imagine a multiple choice exam? "What is IR"? :p

Or even ECOP:
"Which theory has had the most influence on the modern economic context?"

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
Stas,
Build a bridge...and get over it.

Henry isnt going to change it.

So infact my simpleton friend, you lose.

Now how big a slice of humble pie would you like me to cut you?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i know he's not going to change it. but i like bitching and moaning on the net about things like this.
it makes me feel better about myself.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
Or even ECOP:
"Which theory has had the most influence on the modern economic context?"
That is perhaps the stupidest thing ive ever read. Oh stas, you just cant stoop low enough can you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)