• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Xbox 360 Q&A with Stussy (4 Viewers)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL I haven't bothered to chip the Box.. i chipped the ps2... and a year later it fried leaving my many hundreds of PS2 games to waste.

Anyhow, I also wanted to ask about the memory unit/hard drive. Do all games support hard drive for saving data?... I also wonder what about the people who buy the Xbox system which doesn't include the hard drive >_>... or, do we all need to buy Xbox360 memory cards? ><

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yes all games support the hd for saving the data. Those who purchase the 'core' system, will ahve to buy a memory card for saving. The core system is seriously stupid. Anyone who can only afford a core, hold off your 360 buying until you can get a premium.
To get the most out of a 360 you will certainly need a hd.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
seremify007 said:
I'm debating whether or not I want to buy that VIP Premier Pack.... very tempting.
well, i guess it's very good value if you're thinking of purchasing PDZ at launch. However, I think that if I were to wait for launch here (poor sods :p), I'd be way more interested in ghost recon 3, fight night 3, morrowind, etc etc.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Stop calling oblivion morrowind, you make baby fargoth cry :(

placebo101

HSC
have you played pdz online? if so, how is it?

and also, have you done any customisation of the 360 interface? as in backgrounds on the dashboard, custom music in games and such.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
1) Yep, have played PDZ online. Love it!!!! It's so much fun. There's standard game types and then there's 'Darkops'. Darkops has a few different modes such as:
-Infection: You get attacked by skeletons, if they kill you, you become one of them and have to kill the rest of the human players. Last human standing wins
-Defend the base: you have to infiltrate the base of the other team and kill them all, blasting holes in walls, etc. However, you only have pistols whilst those defending the base have normal weapons. Next round you switch walls
-Sabotage: haven't played this mode yet.
Online I love it heaps !! :D

2) Yeah, I've played around with some themes, nothing too major though. My gamerpicture (as you can see in my sig) is one that I purchased off marketplace.

3) Custom music is really easy this time. I plug in my ipod, go to my gamerprofile menu, select what I want to play and it automatically turns off the music in the game and plays yours :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Did I just read that right... an iPod?!! Can you please elaborate? I thought if you plug iPods into another computer you have to erase the music library, etc... do your playlists and stuff work too?!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
seremify007 said:
Did I just read that right... an iPod?!! Can you please elaborate? I thought if you plug iPods into another computer you have to erase the music library, etc... do your playlists and stuff work too?!
nope tht doesn't happen. i always plug it into my mate's computers :) You can plug an ipod into the usb port and stream music onto it whilst recharging it at the same time :D and all the playlists are there. <3 xbox 360

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
WOAH the playlists?!!

But on iTunes if I hook my pod upto another PC, it'll ask me to erase everything... >__> Not important.

What's important is- is it easy to copy the music onto the HDD so you can listen to it in PGR3?! *drools*

stazi

Nightman
HSC
seremify007 said:
WOAH the playlists?!!

But on iTunes if I hook my pod upto another PC, it'll ask me to erase everything... >__> Not important.

What's important is- is it easy to copy the music onto the HDD so you can listen to it in PGR3?! *drools*
im not sure if you can copy mp3s but with the ipod connectivity it's so easy you literally dont need to copy music to your hdd.
1) Plug in ipod via usb
2) Select playlist, tracks, etc
3) Press play, adjust volume
4) game music auto switched off :D

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I just realised I think I might have been confused- iPod connectivity as in... you plug the thing into the headphones output and play as normal? Or it actually supports the USB-Dock Connector thing, and then takes over the interface on the actual Xbox360/Dashboard/TV screen? Does that mean you can control the tracks in PGR similar to the way you could press the right thumbstick in in PGR2?

Please do take a photo... i'm very curious >_>

stazi

Nightman
HSC
seremify007 said:
I just realised I think I might have been confused- iPod connectivity as in... you plug the thing into the headphones output and play as normal? Or it actually supports the USB-Dock Connector thing, and then takes over the interface on the actual Xbox360/Dashboard/TV screen? Does that mean you can control the tracks in PGR similar to the way you could press the right thumbstick in in PGR2?

Please do take a photo... i'm very curious >_>
if only i had a camera :p
What you do is you plug the ipod into 1 of the USB ports on the xbox 360 - directly.
Then you press the xbox 360 guide button (whilst in any game, or the dashboard). You scroll down to the music section at the bottom of the screen and press 'A'. It allows you to select music from your HDD or the 'USB device' that's plugged in (i.e. your Ipod).
I think to control the tracks in PGR in the same way as PGR2 you'll have to copy songs to your hdd. Although i'm sure there's ways of cycling through the tracks without having to press the guide button each time :) .

All this xbox talk makes me want to go home and play it. Had my first online NBA 2k6 games recently.
First one: close the whole way through but usually with my opponent 1/2 points in front. Ended up beating him by a single point :)

Second game: I was getting thrashed. Was down by 30 points or something crazy at half time. Then I started getting used to playing the game (as I'd only played the street-1-on-1 rather than on-court mode of the game before). Ended up getting lots of steals, blocked shots, etc. Anyway with 4 seconds left, I'm down by 3. Throw the ball out hit the time out button and then realise i dont have any TOs left :( Ended up losing. Great game though

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
*sigh* At least you have an Xbox to go home to play.

Today I bought a lens cleaner 'coz my Xbox keeps screwing up, but my DVD playback kit screwed up for as long as I can remember (the remote doesn't work... probably dropped it or something- but I didn't want to exchange it since I had already swapped Xbox's twice)... so who knows what's happening. And I wasted 4 hours last night trying to copy music to my Xbox using CD-RWs burnt at 1x.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
seremify007 said:
*sigh* At least you have an Xbox to go home to play.

Today I bought a lens cleaner 'coz my Xbox keeps screwing up, but my DVD playback kit screwed up for as long as I can remember (the remote doesn't work... probably dropped it or something- but I didn't want to exchange it since I had already swapped Xbox's twice)... so who knows what's happening. And I wasted 4 hours last night trying to copy music to my Xbox using CD-RWs burnt at 1x.
my normal xbox has also started to screw up a bit :( pitty. oh wells, i still have way too many 360 games to finish :p
I hate all the recent poopy delays of games. However, then again, I guess that could be developers trying to make them a gazillion better :)

Looks like the next ones I'll get will be
Fight Night Round 3
Pre-Order: Ships on 2/14/2006

College Hoops 2K6
Pre-Order: Ships on 2/21/2006 (expect a delay)

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Pre-Order: Ships on 3/7/2006

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Collector's Edition
Pre-Order: Ships on 3/20/2006

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
Pre-Order: Ships on 4/1/2006

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Knowing Bethesda TES4 will get delayed another half a dozen times and we'll be lucky to have it by Christmas.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
knowing that TES4 has reached the pre-gold stage, we'll have it in march. all they're doing now is fixing up loading times, polishing it, etc.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
ARghh these stupid disc read errors... happen to come in at a time when Xbox360 just before it comes out. I swear... could planned obsolescence be any less subtle?

placebo101

HSC
yeah i just heard about the delay.. until the 23rd.

how come the are taking the approach of waiting unitl they have enough consoles b4 lauching in aus... but in the US launch they clearly didnt, an dstill dont.

this lauch is shit, not a success as they have been hyping it - its not even completed and they rated it better than the xbox1 and ps2 launches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)