Xbox One vs. PS4 (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
You are both being rather silly

Back on topic, imo on the software front im not as enthused by the ps4 even though it looks to be the dominant console in terms of hardware
There aren't that many good launch titles for any console though (usually two at most).

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
There aren't that many good launch titles for any console though (usually two at most).
Yeah, but I find it particularly evident this gen. Not sure why cos in terms if raw numbers there are probs more titles overall but no real killer apps that could really sell a console imo

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, but I find it particularly evident this gen. Not sure why cos in terms if raw numbers there are probs more titles overall but no real killer apps that could really sell a console imo
Maybe it has to do with how Sony hasn't had a significant competitive edge over Microsoft last gen. With the number of consoles sold fairly even between the two companies, there might be less incentive committing to a particular console?

I have no idea how the industry works so it's just speculation on my part.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Maybe it has to do with how Sony hasn't had a significant competitive edge over Microsoft last gen. With the number of consoles sold fairly even between the two companies, there might be less incentive committing to a particular console?

I have no idea how the industry works so it's just speculation on my part.
Also cos a lot of early ps4 titles are gonna be released on ps3 too and same with xbox one/360

InfinityL

HSC
with that on mind, i think i should just keep my ps3 and buy the new games that's available

InfinityL

HSC
The PS3 outsold the Xbox 360 during the last moment, but i heard that Sony is losing money with every ps3 sold....should look it up on google

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Also cos a lot of early ps4 titles are gonna be released on ps3 too and same with xbox one/360
Do you mean there's less financial gain committing to a next gen console on the basis of a strong existing market?

In that case, that's a fair point.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I love my PS3, at the end of the hsc im going for a Custom PC. But a PS4 will be next.
That's definitely a route I would recommend.

Games are so much cheaper on Steam compared to the console equivalent that you would easily make the money back if you're a regular gamer.

L-Infinite

HSC
i'm not being against custom PC, but buying a console is sooo much simpler and time effective than finding and putting the parts together....just sayin'

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
i'm not being against custom PC, but buying a console is sooo much simpler and time effective than finding and putting the parts together....just sayin'
It doesn't take long.

Honestly don't think the savings buying the console justify the cost in the long run but that's just my opinion.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Do you mean there's less financial gain committing to a next gen console on the basis of a strong existing market?

In that case, that's a fair point.
pretty much, there is gonna be less incentive to get a ps4 when arguably the most exciting titles for it in the launch window are also coming on the ps3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)