XP sp2 released (4 Viewers)

mojako

HSC
Winston said:
Dude, Longhorn's not even in BETA yet.
looks like I was talking about Longhorn alpha...
I did say "some sort of longhorn" ;)

mojako

HSC
Merethrond said:
What is WinFS:confused:?
"WinFS" is the code name for the next generation storage platform in Windows "Longhorn."

use google.. it is in fact very useful

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
I know a few developers (Some genuis ADHD guy i was in school with who'd been programming since in YR3) that still use WIN98 :eek:
So, i reckon XP is only noobie and GUI friendly :)

Winston

HSC
Grizzly said:
I know a few developers (Some genuis ADHD guy i was in school with who'd been programming since in YR3) that still use WIN98 :eek:
So, i reckon XP is only noobie and GUI friendly :)
You gotta hand it to MS though, it's easy to use, that's all, you gotta think about who they target, a bunch of n00bs, it has to be easy to use. I don't particularly like how eye candy is achieved in XP though, everything's bitmap rendered, so hopefully in longhorn it's going to be vector rendered.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
lol, *tries to remember from yr10 comp what vector and bitmap/rasters are*

Im a huge fan of eye-candy, and compliment it with a lean software line up, diskeeper's and registry/invalid files/shortcuts cleaners.

The thing with longhorn is that ...well, first of all, i keep saying it wrong, "loghorn"..lol..
i dont really like the "samurize" style panel on the R/L hand side...mainly coz i use samurize dats all.

Winston

HSC
Grizzly said:
lol, *tries to remember from yr10 comp what vector and bitmap/rasters are*

Im a huge fan of eye-candy, and compliment it with a lean software line up, diskeeper's and registry/invalid files/shortcuts cleaners.

The thing with longhorn is that ...well, first of all, i keep saying it wrong, "loghorn"..lol..
i dont really like the "samurize" style panel on the R/L hand side...mainly coz i use samurize dats all.
All i can say is, from what i see, it's a promising OS, and it's dubbed to be the next big thing, equivalent to when Windows 95 was released. You gotta remember, one thing is Longhorn is said to standardise computing for the next 10 yrs, just like Win 9x did. However for many Apple users, you'd see a large amount of similarities when Longhorn comes out, primarily because the designer from Apple is on the Longhorn team, as i've read somewhere.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
jabba_wocky said:
does anyone know when the longhorn project will be released?

also, has microsoft taken consideration into the 64-bit technology and the newer PCI Express boards?
no one knows exactly because they keep changing the date

64bit processors are also supported by winXP 64bit edition, so i don't see why it wouldn't
also PCI express are supported as well, there's not much of a difference between normal PCI and PCI express except for hardware

Winston

HSC
redslert said:
no one knows exactly because they keep changing the date
that was the case before, but they have officially announced 2006 as the client release, and they can't push this date back any further.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
what happens if you havent installed sp1? does it make a difference?

also, i was trying to turn on auto updates, and came across a problem in "step 2". i am doing it manually.

basically the 2 windows didnt match up! :mad:

sunny

meh.
HSC
redruM said:
what happens if you havent installed sp1? does it make a difference?

also, i was trying to turn on auto updates, and came across a problem in "step 2". i am doing it manually.

basically the 2 windows didnt match up! :mad:
Its different, I think because the documentation assumes SP1 - which you don't have?

If you really don't want to download the offline packages, just go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com instead to do it all automatically.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
sunny said:
Its different, I think because the documentation assumes SP1 - which you don't have?

If you really don't want to download the offline packages, just go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com instead to do it all automatically.
yeh i dont have sp1.

i'm doing the automatic updates right now. see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)