y = ln f(x) (1 Viewer)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
is the above transformation tested in exams? (eg. given a curve f(x) drawn out, sketch the transformation y = ln f(x)?) it's not in the textbooks i use for school and i've only seen it appear in my tutoring qns and i think once in a school paper ages ago but that was it

Last edited:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
In general, if you are given two graphs of y = f(x) and y = g(x) then you are expected to know how to sketch y = f(g(x)). See this year’s HSC for Advanced.

5uckerberg

HSC
In general, if you are given two graphs of y = f(x) and y = g(x) then you are expected to know how to sketch y = f(g(x)). See this year’s HSC for Advanced.
This is just from what I know the function of a function, replace with the equation given and then let f(...) where ... is the equation and then sub that new function into what is.

yanujw

HSC
is the above transformation tested in exams? (eg. given a curve f(x) drawn out, sketch the transformation y = ln f(x)?) it's not in the textbooks i use for school and i've only seen it appear in my tutoring qns and i think once in a school paper ages ago but that was it
It is not part of the further graphs topic set of transformations in ext 1, if that is what you meant.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
This was in this year's Mathematics Advanced HSC.
1666793058157.png

In my mind, if a composite function graph is examinable in Advanced (which seems to suggest they can even ask to sketch y = ln f(x) in Advanced) what's the point of having all these below in Extension 1?
1666793226337.png
They are literally specific examples of y=f(g(x)) lol (albeit with inverse versions)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)