Y12 Next Year- Tips for Mathamatics (1 Viewer)

ASDFGHJKL:""

HSC
I am starting the mathamatics cource in the next few weeks. Is there any tips methods you used that helped. How much did you study per night of just maths?

zingerburger

HSC
Doing the homework your teacher sets.

Do a heap of past papers a few weeks before exams.

Listen in class.

Vars5

HSC
Although I haven't done the course

I have been told "never fall behind"

kloudsurfer

HSC
Vars5 said:
Although I haven't done the course

I have been told "never fall behind"
Definetely good advice.

Once you do, its ver difficult to catch up again.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Drinking + Smoking Pot = Sucess in mathematics

Mmmhmmm re-arranining the formula and analysing data we may conclude that.......................

HSC
1. you dont need to do all the homework. every second question at least or more until you know what youre doing.
2. do ext 1 maths if you can, and then drop it as late as possible. it helps for 2u sooo much.
3. have a summary book with examples and formulae
4. stockpile maths papers and go through 1 a week or 1 a fortnight (dont spend 3 hours doing.. like really.. 3 hours = waste of time. do it in like 2-2.5 and then mark it, and go over your answers with WORKED SOLUTIONS)
4. speaking of worked solutions, get worked solutions for the harder chapters in your textbook. i learned some chapters using the textbook and worked solutions cuz the teacher was too slow.

i think thats about it. oh yeah, if you do really crap in one section of an exam, find as many questions of it and go over it. my old maths teacher said "the first hundred questions dont count". this is true.. so take this to heart :)

that is all.

dlesmond

HSC
Probably a good idea would be to learn how to spell mathematics first...just a thought. But as everyone has been saying, you have to put in the work or you won't get anywhere.

zingerburger

HSC
3. have a summary book with examples and formulae
Another thing I found useful throughout the year, if you haven't been doing this already:

I had two separate books each for Advanced Maths and Extension 1. One was for theory that had theory, examples and formulae in it. Every major topic I wrote in bold letters and underlined in red. Every sub-topic I just underlined in black pen. This helped me find the right bit to look for whenever I got stuck on a question. I used to do it all in the one book but that was hard to use when revising.

The other book was thicker and I did all the exercises and homework in that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)