yaris! (1 Viewer)

sladehk

le random
HSC
hey i was thinking of buying a car for uni - toyota yaris 1.5l auto- and some dodgy dealer in chatswood gave me like a quote of 21995 (on road price) but i heard you can get for 20k? any one got a better price?

Zozo6969

HSC
mate for that price, pick up a mazda 2 maxx (middle model), prices start at like $18,000, and u could probably pick up 06 plates for really cheap driveaway prices. i probably wouldnt even recommend buying a brand new car anyway, look at carsales and carsguide and drive on the net, as well as at dealers and those trading newspapers. o, and btw, dont buy an auto, just dont.

Jiga

Yeah I would buy second hand... you really are throwing money down the drain buying brand new, like 30% depreciation as soon as you leave the dealers lot (Only time Id get brand new is for say a WRX...cos 2nd hand have been thrashed). As for transmission, who cares, it aint a performance car get whatever is most convenient.

lengy

HSC
Get an Echo, though the Yaris is a very good car, unless you get the extra safety package you might as well just settle for an Echo IMO.

sinist4

HSC
yaris for 20k wtf... why would u pay that much for a nugget like that. ;) you could get a lancer or something.

CieL

HSC
Screw the looking around for dealers!

Next time, bring a hot chick.. go to another person in the same dealership, and say that she's buying it.. and see what price you get

Just make sure she's hot.

Pace_T

HSC
sinist4 said:
yaris for 20k wtf... why would u pay that much for a nugget like that. ;) you could get a lancer or something.
yeh exactly, i pity those who spend that much money on such a shit box. id be SO embarrassed driving that thing

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
CieL said:
Screw the looking around for dealers!

Next time, bring a hot chick.. go to another person in the same dealership, and say that she's buying it.. and see what price you get

Just make sure she's hot.
next time i wanna buy a car, you care to come with me :p

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yaris is alrite- just bit small for my taste. I considered it at one stage and the build quality, interior, safety (with safety pack) is all top notch for a small <$20k car. That being said, I def wouldn't be paying $20k+ d/a... it's a buyers market. Push a bit harder.. or maybe just go to a different suburb? I don't think there's a waiting list on the Yaris atm? (anyone confirm?)

PS. To the person who suggested Lancer... whilst on paper it sounds good, I can't bring myself to like the base model Lancer. Just felt a bit... "bare" inside and as if all the money went into putting a 2.4L engine into the base model. When looking at VR-X, d/a was $36k! I was "WTF!"... that's same price as Alfa was offering on a demo 147 d/a.

CieL

HSC
If I become hot overnight, I'll consider going with you.

Yeah, when we were getting a 2nd car, we considered the Yaris too.. but it was too small.. and I thought it was too bare inside.. and it sounded like a turd.. But the demo wasn't exactly the best car, cos the dealer told us someone smashed the rear so the exhaust is a bit fk'd and rattles when you accelerate..

Well, there WAS a waiting list, 3 months ago.. they told us we needed to wait ages.. so we were like, fk it.. not waiting for a nugget.. I think they would have stock by now..

O.. and $36k? Why not get an Euro =]

lengy

HSC
The waiting list is BECAUSE so many people want it. And they generally stop production of cars over Christmas I was lead to believe. This was the same with the Mazda 3 when it came out. It was popular so people had to wait.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i wouldnt mind a mazda 3 at all
sp23 with a bose system

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
ok
22k is a fucken rippoff mate
you can even get a holden astra 1.8L for 19,990

i drive both the yaris and echo for dominos. The echos are shit as for handling and they look like they were designed by some drunken retard who fell asleep halfway through the design. Yaris's are pretty cool though and they go really fast.

but in the end a 20k budget can go a long way (for 2nd hand cars). Dont waste it on some tiny ricebox

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
speaking of which i was in a dealership yesterday on williams st in the city and they had an 02' merc S430 for $59,990 with 99000km on the meter... that's a bargain there =\

lengy

HSC
There's a difference between the price they advertise and the finaly price to get the car on the road you know after things like registration and insurance...

carreau

HSC
Well it seems like you're either new to all of this.. Or you're fairly well off..

Firstly when getting your first car, you should generally start off with a second hand car, as you can learn to appreciate what you have a little more etc, so come new car time (if that's what you're aiming for) you will perhaps be more grateful and take better care of it etc..

You're a girl.. so things become difficult for you, girls are really picky about cars..
I mean if you wanted to save over 10 grand if not more.. You could just go and grab a cheap run-about car like a civic..

Or maybe you want to get into the car scene a little bit lol. If so go grab a skyline, r32,33,34, non turbo - auto or manual.. Good car, low k's.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
sinist4 said:
Except Mitsubishis break down as soon as you leave the dealer's lot.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Bob.J said:
speaking of which i was in a dealership yesterday on williams st in the city and they had an 02' merc S430 for $59,990 with 99000km on the meter... that's a bargain there =\
Sounds a bit suss... dealers never do good deals on 2nd hand Benz. But I guess, 5 years old... is that 1 or 2 generations old? Might be from the same era as our S500 lol... those things are literally tanks.

bizadfar

HSC
seremify007 said:
Sounds a bit suss... dealers never do good deals on 2nd hand Benz. But I guess, 5 years old... is that 1 or 2 generations old? Might be from the same era as our S500 lol... those things are literally tanks.
yea its no wonder they cant go round ben(d)z hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)