• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

year 10-11 transition..anything to look out for (1 Viewer)

bayan92

HSC
For Sciences in particular, you MUST answer questions using the HSC Key Words.

In Year 11 our teacher would make us right the meaning of the 'keyword' or 'descriptive verb' underneath each dotpoint we would do in Biology.

Having learnt all the meanings now, I walk into the exams and before even seeing what topic/dotpoint the question is asking, I analyse the verb and see what I have to do.

Also the best advice I have gained was from a girl who came first in the state for Chemistry. She said that when answering questions she would always look at the marks allocated. She would then look at the question and link it back to the dotpoint it relates too. She would then think of the marking guidelines that the examiner had in mind for a question and answer it according. For example in a question worth 5 marks with the verb 'discuss', you would have an introductory sentence, 2 points for the argument, 2 points against the argument and a concluding sentence.

Hope this helps! :)

css

HSC
hehe that's a good idea but it's not like my family will purchase those for me. They're gonna say something stupid like, "wtf? you think we're loud? well then get out of the house then". I think I'll just play my music on full blast if they're being loud. It's much better listening to my loud music than their loud voices. But I should actually be more careful. I might blast my earphones, hurt my ears or something bad might be happening out of my bedroom such as a thief coming the house and I wouldn't know.
libraries. go to one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)