Year 11 2014 Chat :) (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

simmyyy

HSC
Its a little weird. Lol
In a way it is, but it's kind of showing how we can totally fall for someone without actually having to see them at first. I reckon that's amazing, cause all we can see here is personality and if someone is attracted to that and they get into a relationship, then that's beautiful. It's my view I guess :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lavender1001

HSC
In a way it is, but it's kind of showing how we can totally fall for someone without actually having to see them at first. I reckon that's amazing, cause all we can see here is personality and if someone is attracted to that and they get into a relationship, then that's beautiful. It's my view I guess :)

That, my friend, was beautiful. :')

turntaker

HSC

From my experience its very dangerous to fall in love without meeting the person. It happened to me before.

simmyyy

HSC
From my experience its very dangerous to fall in love without meeting the person. It happened to me before.
it is dangerous, in a way, you have no idea who is on the other side. It could be a 40 year old man pretending to be 16 (creepy) but if it's not and it works out then it's amazing, it's happened to me before too, that's why I think it's amazing :)

lavender1001

HSC
it is dangerous, in a way, you have no idea who is on the other side. It could be a 40 year old man pretending to be 16 (creepy) but if it's not and it works out then it's amazing, it's happened to me before too, that's why I think it's amazing :)

"To love is a risk. What if it doesn't work out. Ah, but what if it does?" - Peter McWilliams

enoilgam

HSC
Its a little weird. Lol
Keep in mind that most BoS-lationships have started after the people met each other in real life (the relationships grew off the forums).

I'm a bit cynical - but I dont think it can work in most cases. When you get close to someone online (whether it's a friendship or something more) and then meet them in real life, it feels like there is a massive divide (because you know the person online and have to associate that with their real-life self, which you dont know). This can be hard enough to conquer in a friendship context let alone in terms of a relationship. Added to that, there is a physical element to any relationship (which is very important), so you're really flying blind with an online relationship.

turntaker

HSC

Well the girl wasn't 40 since I saw her on Skype many many times lol. But its hard to get to know someone. In my head I had pictured her to be the way I wanted her to be but in reality, she wasn't like that at all and was the opposite. The creepy catfish thing doesn't work anymore since everyone wants to cam before anything serious lol. Its not the days of MSN anymore.

turntaker

HSC
Keep in mind that most BoS-lationships have started after the people met each other in real life (the relationships grew off the forums).

I'm a bit cynical - but I dont think it can work in most cases. When you get close to someone online (whether it's a friendship or something more) and then meet them in real life, it feels like there is a massive divide (because you know the person online and have to associate that with their real-life self, which you dont know). This can be hard enough to conquer in a friendship context let alone in terms of a relationship. Added to that, there is a physical element to any relationship (which is very important), so you're really flying blind with an online relationship.
Yeah flying blind is very true man. I agree

turntaker

HSC
In a nutshell, stay away from online relationships :)

Well I guess its fine if you meet using the internet and then actually start a relationship. But falling in love with someone you never met can happen and is pretty risky

simmyyy

HSC

Maybe it was just me? The friendships I formed online, when I met them in real life it was so much more easier to talk. It was awkward for like the first 5 minutes, but once you get over that initial shock then usually everything is put into perspective, I guess that's just my experiences maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)