• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2014 Chat :) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
This was her critique in at the end:

At the moment this essay would probably receive a mark in the B-range, i.e. 17-20 out of 25. You might have to write more when it comes to examinations in your HSC year since usually essays in Modern History should be somewhere between 1000 and 1200 words. With that said, shorter essays can achieve higher marks, but they need to be really well written and you have some issues with expression here. This is problematic because it hinders your ability to get your point across and arguments, including structure, should be as clear and succinct as possible.

I would make the suggestion that you start off with the argument most significant in answering the question, which seemed to be in fact your last paragraph, being Russia’s involvement in WWII. Lastly, be careful about using long quotes. You should be more selective with them, or in other words ensure they need to emphasise your point rather quickly. Writing long quotes in an examination can take up time and also possibly become dreary for the marker to read. Nonetheless, there is certainly potential here. Good luck, you have a lot of time to improve!
Feedback is very explicit and clearly suggests the weaker parts of the essay whilst highlighting the stronger ones. I'm sure you can get that rank one for modern ! Keep at it :D

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Feedback is very explicit and clearly suggests the weaker parts of the essay whilst highlighting the stronger ones. I'm sure you can get that rank one for modern ! Keep at it :D
I wish I could get rank one for modern lol.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
I believe that you can :)
haha, thanks

but srsly, there's at least 4 students who are pro at modern. especially my friend who's writing is amazing (holy crap, she's doing year 12 advanced english atm), hence she's boss at humanities

so i have doubts :(

matchalolz

HSC
haha, thanks

but srsly, there's at least 4 students who are pro at modern. especially my friend who's writing is amazing (holy crap, she's doing year 12 advanced english atm), hence she's boss at humanities

so i have doubts :(
please don't be discouraged!! I'm in the same situation as ya, I have 4 peeps ahead of me for eco, but do you see me giving up? no. It may seem impossible but you never know until you try. Sometimes the thing that will hold you back is the thought of "oh i can't do this... it's too hard", and though this seems like nothing, it's affecting your brain on a subconscious level. With me as I'm very lazy, I only started trying hard for eco when I realised how close I am to the top (hence demonstrating that when I thought I couldn't do well, I wasn't as willing to put in the effort).

Have faith man

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
please don't be discouraged!! I'm in the same situation as ya, I have 4 peeps ahead of me for eco, but do you see me giving up? no. It may seem impossible but you never know until you try. Sometimes the thing that will hold you back is the thought of "oh i can't do this... it's too hard", and though this seems like nothing, it's affecting your brain on a subconscious level. With me as I'm very lazy, I only started trying hard for eco when I realised how close I am to the top (hence demonstrating that when I thought I couldn't do well, I wasn't as willing to put in the effort).

Have faith man
you've reminded me of the fact that I just need to do my best :)

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I wish I could get rank one for modern lol.
Why wish when you can

Earlier this year I was planning on redeeming myself for bludging the previous year and getting good ranks for maths

At first I had my doubts about getting good ranks seeing as I was up against the Asians and the Curries, including people who would be notching 95% + in all of their subjects

Little did I know that three assessments later I would retain my rank of coming 1st in Mathematics

From there on in I believed that anything was possible

DLMisme

HSC
Got the most disappointing mark for my CAFS test today. I haven't gotten a mark so low in years... I'm going to ask my teacher where I went wrong, I was pretty confident and thought I did really well, I always do well in CAFS but my mark seems to say otherwise :/

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Got the most disappointing mark for my CAFS test today. I haven't gotten a mark so low in years... I'm going to ask my teacher where I went wrong, I was pretty confident and thought I did really well but my mark seems to say otherwise :/
What was your mark , hun? Maybe it isn't as bad as you think ?

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Got the most disappointing mark for my CAFS test today. I haven't gotten a mark so low in years... I'm going to ask my teacher where I went wrong, I was pretty confident and thought I did really well but my mark seems to say otherwise :/
If this is a one time thing then I'm sure you don't have to be worried

I felt the same from the first Extension 1 Maths exam

From the subject (my favourite if I might add) I get my highest marks from I ended up getting as my lowest mark

I was guttered for a while then ensured that it wouldn't happen again and in doing so managed to achieve 90% for the following extension exam

So head up, see where you went wrong and make sure that you don't make the same mistake in the future :D

DLMisme

HSC
If this is a one time thing then I'm sure you don't have to be worried

I felt the same from the first Extension 1 Maths exam

From the subject (my favourite if I might add) I get my highest marks from I ended up getting as my lowest mark

I was guttered for a while then ensured that it wouldn't happen again and in doing so managed to achieve 90% for the following extension exam

So head up, see where you went wrong and make sure that you don't make the same mistake in the future :D
This is a first, so it's probably a one time thing but it was still a bit disappointing. I set pretty high standards for myself and I really hate feeling like I did well only to get a poor mark. Even the people in my class who do hardly any work did much better than me... I'm going to ask where I went wrong and hopefully I'll do much better in the next task.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
I BELIEVE IN YOU ALL (caps)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rawrliongirl

HSC
Think about it this way

If you can endure this time next year (and a few months or so) you get that godly quarter year break and if you don't want to hit Uni straight away you could always do a gap year as your escape or to think your options through :D

So soldier on we're so close to the end, you don't want to go through all that pain and suffering for nothing :D
true that. I probably will end up taking a gap year. A year ago I would never have considered it, but now I think i should..I need a break...BADLY @_@

eeeeeeeeek i have to start thinking about what I want to do for my Multimedia Major Project and I have nO CLUE WHAT TO DO! aaah!! x(
too...much......STRESS! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)