Year 11 2014 Chat :) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawrliongirl

HSC
Dw, everyone has this phase. Sometimes I also get fed up of school -.-
But just think, we've only got 1 and a half year left of high school. It would be best to just enjoy it because these days will never come back again :)
You're right :) you're all right, I should just try to enjoy myself for the next year.
For a start, I may start to sit with one of my other friends' groups coz mine, no offence, do not talk. Every recess and ever lunch we just sit there in silence whereas you see other groups all having fun and talking. I mean my friends are nice and all, just boring. :(
I'm also definitely going to keep up to date in maths so I can gain my confidence with it again and stress less. And I should just try and maybe see SOME positives with my school (even though there aren't many). Gosh. There's so much I have to try and change >.<

Simran-

HSC
You're right :) you're all right, I should just try to enjoy myself for the next year.
For a start, I may start to sit with one of my other friends' groups coz mine, no offence, do not talk. Every recess and ever lunch we just sit there in silence whereas you see other groups all having fun and talking. I mean my friends are nice and all, just boring. :(
I'm also definitely going to keep up to date in maths so I can gain my confidence with it again and stress less. And I should just try and maybe see SOME positives with my school (even though there aren't many). Gosh. There's so much I have to try and change >.<
Once you will be more confident, you will definitely have a positive outlook towards everything and you will see, you will be more happy! :)
Take advantage of your school's situation. Aim for rank 1 in most of your subs and you will perform well in the HSC!

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
Once you will be more confident, you will definitely have a positive outlook towards everything and you will see, you will be more happy! :)
Take advantage of your school's situation. Aim for rank 1 in most of your subs and you will perform well in the HSC!
fuarrr such motivation

rawrliongirl

HSC
Imma just wing this stupid open book maths test and focus for the rest of the term so I can try and smash my yearlies. I left studying for this to the last minute thanks to everything else I had to do this past week :mad:

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Imma just wing this stupid open book maths test and focus for the rest of the term so I can try and smash my yearlies. I left studying for this to the last minute thanks to everything else I had to do this past week :mad:
You still got time :D

You need help with any last minute study?

rawrliongirl

HSC
You still got time :D

You need help with any last minute study?
Lol I just realised how much I forgot from these previous topics. Trying to revise functions and graphs and I have forgotten most of it :( still have to do the trigonometry chapter review and figure out half of this functions stuff :( the test is tomorrow! D: I'll see, if I'm really stuck on something I'll let you guys know :)

I'm suffering now cos I got behind last term and spent the last week catching up on the whole chapter of linear functions because we are starting calculus this week. If I had been up to date, I would've had more time to revise *sigh* such stupid mistakes. Oh well, I will just work extremely hard for the yearlies to prove to my teacher that I actually can do it.

rawrliongirl

HSC
How do you all revise for maths throughout the term? I tend to forget concepts very quickly so idk what to do about that.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
How do you all revise for maths throughout the term? I tend to forget concepts very quickly so idk what to do about that.
If you're learning a new concept in class on that day, do the homework that's set out immediately once you arrive at home. That way, you're consolidating the information in your long-term memory Also, what I'm planning to do next week is a past paper in exam conditions. From there, the mistakes you've made will indicate the areas you need to revise, i.e. go back to the textbook and relearn the topics you're not comfortable with. Let's say you're strong with trig and functions but not so strong in geometry. If that's the case, work on the latter. No point enhancing your strengths when your weaknesses are not amended at all. It's like a tree - if you don't have all roots established (expertise in all topics), then your branch will be unstable (holes in your knowledge) and therefore the tree will fall down (not do well in the exam).

So yeah, do past papers to highlight what needs work and it helps improve exam technique as well.

Last edited:

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Well go through the chapters and do a few questions from each just to make sure that you know how to do them, and if not go back and revise the theory

My methods differ in comparison to many other people as with past papers I don't time myself, but I do the questions as quickly as possible (sounds weird aye?) to see if

1) I can actually answer the questions correctly

2) See if I can minimise the number of silly mistakes while rushing through a paper

This may seem really strange / stupid but it works for me

We all have different methods of studying different subjects so yeah

As for the forgetting about things, what I do is when I come home and find any time left over after homework I compile DETAILED notes on what I learnt that day, which usually helps me remember the concept

^ If I do forget it though, I can always refer back to that theory book

Hope this gives you some sort of an insight :D

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Doing 40 famine and I've only done 4 hours of my 40... Looks like I won't be sleeping till wednesday.

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Prelims in 3 weeks time, why does my school give hard tests..
hopefully i shall top the grade.
random milestone: 1000th post!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)