• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2014 Chat :) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha sounds like some of you are doing more work than I did during my yr 12 summer hols or my uni breaks :p

For all those bemoaning bad schools, my school used mould infested first edition maths textbooks of some brand people always hate on here(worse than MIF). I find you don't need a lot of textbooks, just enough information to write good summaries and past exam practice. You can often find lots of good supplementary resources to what you are given in class online.

Lots of UNSW med gunners in here, good luck :)

Oh 2015ers, is there anyone I can give a regional/rural comprehensive hi five to? I always get excited to see non Sydney siders BoSing.

enoilgam

HSC
That feeling when your younger sister is a 2015er and you're still around BoS.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Haha sounds like some of you are doing more work than I did during my yr 12 summer hols or my uni breaks :p

For all those bemoaning bad schools, my school used mould infested first edition maths textbooks of some brand people always hate on here(worse than MIF). I find you don't need a lot of textbooks, just enough information to write good summaries and past exam practice. You can often find lots of good supplementary resources to what you are given in class online.

Oh 2015ers, is there anyone I can give a regional/rural comprehensive hi five to? I always get excited to see non Sydney siders BoSing.
pfffft

uws med master race :p

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC

That moment when you get a textbook with food stains and loose hair in it.. like y u gotta do dis to me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

HSC '15- ATAR Goal: 90+

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
That moment when you get a textbook with food stains and loose hair in it.. like y u gotta do dis to me...

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

That's NASTY D:

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
That's NASTY D:
I NEVER used it , threw it in my locker and left it there for 4 terms ...

Economics, Agriculture.

studded

HSC
Dw during these holidays I just spent my time obsessively playing Sims 3.
I was obsessed with Sims 3! I own nearly all of the expansion packs. :shy:

Are you going to buy Sims 4? It's being released later this year.

edit: is this considered off topic?

Last edited:

J280

HSC

Economics, Agriculture.

LOL
And I thought mine were bad...

Examine

same
HSC
Btw I'm not sure if I've said this already or not but if you guys have any general questions for Legal, Business or Economics feel free to ask :D (I might not be too much help when it comes to prelims content, though I can answer questions in terms of how to study for each, exam technique, essay structure, etc)

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
Btw I'm not sure if I've said this already or not but if you guys have any general questions for Legal, Business or Economics feel free to ask :D (I might not be too much help when it comes to prelims content, though I can answer questions in terms of how to study for each, exam technique, essay structure, etc)
How relevant is HSC economics to uni economics?

Examine

same
HSC
How relevant is HSC economics to uni economics?
I'll be able to answer that once I do the course ;)

From what I've heard for the Eco units I plan to do for BComm in my first year (ECON1101, ECON1102 and ECON1203) knowledge on HSC Economics helps (since both deal with macro and micro policies)

Last edited:

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
I'll be able to answer that once I do the course ;)

From what I've heard for the Eco units I plan to do for BComm in my first year (ECON1101, ECON1102 and ECON1203) knowledge on HSC Economics helps (since both deal with macro and micro policies)
Good luck! Make sure to keep us all updated :) (esp about how much maths is involved in uni eco)

Examine

same
HSC
I was obsessed with Sims 3! I own nearly all of the expansion packs. :shy:

Are you going to buy Sims 4? It's being released later this year.

edit: is this considered off topic?
I think the rules would be more lax here since it is moreso a chit chat thread.

Good luck! Make sure to keep us all updated :) (esp about how much maths is involved in uni eco)
Thanks, and yeah I will :)

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
That feeling when your younger sister is a 2015er and you're still around BoS.
Nws enoilgam, stick around for a few more years. You are always welcome to share your knowledge and maybe help a few to get a band 6 here and there? ;)

Currently studying ahead and using chemistry context (1 and 2 by Irwin farrelly). Covers most of the topics and gives you background knowledge.
Maths im using Maragaret Grove, Maths in focus. The book itself doesn't really give any difficult questions, but moreover covers the theoretical side and gives a solid understanding of topics.
English im practicing my essay writing, sophistication and structure.
Physics, I have a physically stunning tutor that pushes me to study :mad: I hate the subject but love the tutor...

Hope my cohorts are playing games and bumming out :rotfl: wait... ofc they are. Sad thing is that theyre still better than me at English...

shouldn't you be studying integrations, differentiation, locus or whatever you genius :mad3:

Last edited:

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Nws enoilgam, stick around for a few more years. You are always welcome to share your knowledge and maybe help a few to get a band 6 here and there? ;)

Currently studying ahead and using chemistry context (1 and 2 by Irwin farrelly). Covers most of the topics and gives you background knowledge.
Maths im using Maragaret Grove, Maths in focus. The book itself doesn't really give any difficult questions, but moreover covers the theoretical side and gives a solid understanding of topics.
English im practicing my essay writing, sophistication and structure.
Physics, I have a physically stunning tutor that pushes me to study :mad: I hate the subject but love the tutor...

Hope my cohorts are playing games and bumming out :rotfl: wait... ofc they are. Sad thing is that theyre still better than me at English...

shouldn't you be studying integrations, differentiation, locus or whatever you genius :mad3:
Who says I'm not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)