Year 11 2014 Chat :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grace_26

HSC
I just brought all my text books and they were so expensive I wish to a school where they supply textbooks for you. We have no choice in textbooks and mine added up to $300. I looked everywhere for second hand books but they were pricey as well.

Does anyone else have to buy expensive text books for school?

DLMisme

HSC
I just brought all my text books and they were so expensive I wish to a school where they supply textbooks for you. We have no choice in textbooks and mine added up to $300. I looked everywhere for second hand books but they were pricey as well.

Does anyone else have to buy expensive text books for school?
Yeah, I've only gotten two so far. I can't afford any more at the moment, I'm broke and they're so expensive.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Why dont you save the money for buying HSC textbooks lol

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol why not just borrow the textbooks from the library (school or local )?

Alternatively ... You can scab the digital version off the school intranet ;)

Examine

same
HSC
Lol why not just borrow the textbooks from the library (school or local )?

Alternatively ... You can scab the digital version off the school intranet ;)
The library usually doesn't provide the textbooks that students are looking for (at least mine didn't anyway) and the local library has a limited amount and also has the same problem as the school library.

I'm not sure about you but I just love working from a hardcopy rather than through a laptop (which is why I print all the past papers I do)

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Doesn't your school have second hand sales? Because that's what I did to get most of my books - saves so much money.

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Studying and planning future study sessions.

HSC 2015

Prelim: English Extension | Maths Extension | Chemistry | Biology | Society & Culture

Aiming for Medicine at UNSW
words of a true med student

Deadset, you guys could go onto the sales part of the forum. The seniors/ graduates sell their preliminary books at more than a reasonable price and the quality is in fine condition.

Last edited:

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
words of a true med student

Deadset, you guys could go onto the sales part of the forum. The seniors/ graduates sell their preliminary books at more than a reasonable price and the quality is in fine condition.
Why thank you :) that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.

And yes! Why aren't you guys all looking at the sell section? I got like 7 books for under a $100 from here, latest editions and good condition ! I'm going to buy HSC textbooks from here as well

Last edited:

grace_26

HSC
The library usually doesn't provide the textbooks that students are looking for (at least mine didn't anyway) and the local library has a limited amount and also has the same problem as the school library.

I'm not sure about you but I just love working from a hardcopy rather than through a laptop (which is why I print all the past papers I do)
I completely agree with you hardcopy textbooks and papers are much better and it's easier and less distracting that way

grace_26

HSC
Why thank you :) that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.

And yes! Why aren't you guys all looking at the sell section? I got like 7 books for under a $100 from here, latest editions and good condition ! I'm going to buy HSC textbooks from here as well
Yeah I had a look but none of the books I needed were there, my school has a list of exact books we have to get and we refer to the books a lot, especially history.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Yeah I had a look but none of the books I needed were there, my school has a list of exact books we have to get and we refer to the books a lot, especially history.
Why don't you PM me some of the books you need and I'll help you find some? I've been in contact with so many people over so many days I'm sure I can get you some for an awesome price! :)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Doesn't your school have second hand sales? Because that's what I did to get most of my books - saves so much money.
Lucky you. Our school only permitted us one or two days as HSC graduates to sell our books-and even then, it was lunchtimes only. I think we seriously had the worst luck ever, since on both days it was raining and it was early leave as well, so our customers basically was running back home and didn't really felt like buying anything-couldn't exactly blame them... sigh:(

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

True. I always worked off physical past papers, but for textbooks, I love "mr copy and mrs paste" for finding certain info.

*you can always just print off the questions tat are required :p....

HMMMMM... I was supposed to delete all my electronic files.

Examine

same
HSC
True. I always worked off physical past papers, but for textbooks, I love "mr copy and mrs paste" for finding certain info.

*you can always just print off the questions tat are required :p....

HMMMMM... I was supposed to delete all my electronic files.
For me a large chunk of the learning process was to trying to put the textbook information in my own words (I found that I could understand concepts better if I did it this way). Unless you learn most effectively via reading I don't see the point on copy and pasting the textbook into notes (and even then I feel you would better understand by putting it in your own words first so that you are reading something that you created to cater for you).

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Time to REVIVE this thread! Come on guys, how's it been going??

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Alright I guess? lol, nervous for school !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

HSC '15- ATAR Goal: 90+

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Alright I guess? lol, nervous for school !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

HSC '15- ATAR Goal: 90+
Don't be!! You'll be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)