• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2014 Chat :) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasanke

HSC
does ancient history stay the same as year 11 like archaeological and learning about rocks and stuff?:vcross:

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Justem is the answer to that question -3 < x < 1

I did it without graphing (#yolo) so it's probably wrong but it would make sense if it were actually an answer because of the identity:

l f (x) l < a

-a < f (x) < a

^ Idek the f (x) is meant to equal the value in the modulus and so on...

I just use this identity from the Cambridge Book then again I probably got it wrong because I didn't graph it, I'm sick and feeling really derpy atm :/

Last edited:

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
does ancient history stay the same as year 11 like archaeological and learning about rocks and stuff?:vcross:
omg i am so glad i dropped ancient. i dropped it the first day back :') i got the syllabus for it and i was like...ewwww..

lavender1001

HSC
Justem is the answer to that question -3 < x < 1

I did it without graphing (#yolo) so it's probably wrong but it would make sense if it were actually an answer because of the identity:

l f (x) l < a

-a < f (x) < a

^ Idek the f (x) is meant to equal the value in the modulus and so on...

I just use this identity from the Cambridge Book then again I probably got it wrong because I didn't graph it, I'm sick and feeling really derpy atm :/
The answer is x>1 and x <-3. I posted a pic on how to do it if u r interested. :)

lavender1001

HSC
That's what I got :L
I believe the reason why u guys are getting that answer (x> 1 and x>-3) is because u are just multiplying the 2x up but that's wrong because u don't know whether x is positive or negative. If it's negative the sign would change. So like soulful said, you need to multiply both sides by the square of the denominator because squaring a number always makes it positive.

Tazayneem

HSC
I believe the reason why u guys are getting that answer (x> 1 and x>-3) is because u are just multiplying the 2x up but that's wrong because u don't know whether x is positive or negative. If it's negative the sign would change. So like soulful said, you need to multiply both sides by the square of the denominator because squaring a number always makes it positive.
Ohhhhhhhh
Yeap that's where I went wrong :p
Is this part of 2U or 3U maths ?

Tazayneem

HSC
Definitely 3u maths. If u go back I posted an image of how to do the question (if u really, desperately want to know how to do it). :)
I saw how you did it and I was so confused... Lol.. You're so smart! I was sorta praying that wasn't 2U maths :D

lavender1001

HSC
I saw how you did it and I was so confused... Lol.. You're so smart! I was sorta praying that wasn't 2U maths :D
Thanks, I was actually really surprised when I was able to do it. Lol. Good thing you want have to do this is in the preliminary course, but I'm not so sure about hsc. :)

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
omg :'( i didn't study enough at all today. i did like 9 questions from the chapter review in my maths text book and i still have another chapter to go over. shit, shit, shit shiteosfjdnegdsnvjkmskdaehfjdsnv I'm so screwed :'(
i still have to try and memorise these quotes for my listening task in english tomorrow and i just want so sleep right now because i cant keep my eyes open and i cant think..but my dad says if i sleep now most likely ill wake up at 2 or 3 in the morning :S :S :S

lavender1001

HSC
omg :'( i didn't study enough at all today. i did like 9 questions from the chapter review in my maths text book and i still have another chapter to go over. shit, shit, shit shiteosfjdnegdsnvjkmskdaehfjdsnv I'm so screwed :'(
i still have to try and memorise these quotes for my listening task in english tomorrow and i just want so sleep right now because i cant keep my eyes open and i cant think..but my dad says if i sleep now most likely ill wake up at 2 or 3 in the morning :S :S :S
Wow. U need a break. There's no point studying if you are half - asleep so I suggest taking a power nap (exactly 30 min). Can I ask what exercise u are up to in class?

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
Wow. U need a break. There's no point studying if you are half - asleep so I suggest taking a power nap (exactly 30 min). Can I ask what exercise u are up to in class?
yeah, i think I'm just gonna go to sleep soon....i can study tomorrow morning for english and after school ill try and finish maths. its just i wanted to finish all my chapter reviews today so i could do a practice test tomorrow arvo :'( looks like ill be doing chapter reviews and a practice test :S
in class we are up to exercise 5.5 or something but I'm still up to 4.7 I'm so behind D;
i hate life!!!! D; x(

matchalolz

HSC
yeah, i think I'm just gonna go to sleep soon....i can study tomorrow morning for english and after school ill try and finish maths. its just i wanted to finish all my chapter reviews today so i could do a practice test tomorrow arvo :'( looks like ill be doing chapter reviews and a practice test :S
in class we are up to exercise 5.5 or something but I'm still up to 4.7 I'm so behind D;
i hate life!!!! D; x(
if it makes you feel any better, i still have 500 words left to write for my business report and an english test to study for!! the report is due tomorrow and i could just finish it off now, but i'm trying to remember stuff for my english coz tomorrow i wont have time to do this as i get home at 8:30 :(

just remember, at least it's year 11, and we're all in this together yeah? if i were u i would actually sleep now and get up at 5 am to study. i do this when i write my english essays

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
if it makes you feel any better, i still have 500 words left to write for my business report and an english test to study for!! the report is due tomorrow and i could just finish it off now, but i'm trying to remember stuff for my english coz tomorrow i wont have time to do this as i get home at 8:30 :(

just remember, at least it's year 11, and we're all in this together yeah? if i were u i would actually sleep now and get up at 5 am to study. i do this when i write my english essays
"We're all in this together!"

(Oh lord, that high school musical reference was terrible)

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Lavender come library Wednesday after school yeah ?

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC

Please never say that again :chainsaw:

Never seen the movie, and I never will :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)