Year 11 English Area of Study and texts (1 Viewer)

Kittikhun

HSC
OK. I've been talking with my buddy at Sydney Boys High School, the 7th highest ranked school in the state, and he has informed me that he is doing 'Discovery' for his Advanced English Area of Study in Prelimenary. Now I'm doing 'Journeys' for Advanced English in Prelimenary but he is telling me that there is a syllabus out there saying that the prescribed area of study is in fact not 'Journeys' but 'Discovery'. I've looked at the syllabus on the Board of Studies and I've found nothing about a prescribed area of study. Is there one saying that 'Discovery' should be the prescribed area of study?

Thank you.

rolror88

HSC
N/A
No, Different schools choose different AOS for year 11. I go to SBHS too, but I know other schools are doing a completely different AOS.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
My friend at another school did relationships last year. Im doing journey's. You dont have to do any particular AoS until year 12 when everyone doing Advanced will do Belonging.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I'm pretty sure schools do different ones.
I'm doing the Individual and Society.

Drone23

HSC
Well i'm doing preliminary at the moment and i'm doing 'journeys' for adv course and 'the gothic' for extension.

btw, is journeys the only topic we do for english in preliminary? (if i'm doing it atm)

Thanks in Advance
D23

PrettyVacant

HSC
Lol wtf? OMG LOOK SYDNEY BOYZ IS SO HARDCORE LYK THEY'RE 7TH RANKED IN THE STATE.

Um like that means much, or is relevant to your question.

Last edited:
HSC
Lol wtf? OMG LOOK SYDNEY BOYZ IS SO HARDCORE LYK THEY'RE 7TH RANKED IN THE STATE.

Um like that means much, or is relevant to your question.
haha you beat me to it..i was going to quote him and say same thing..

we're doing journeys

Aznmichael92

HSC
It is pretty much up to your teacher on what they want to do. For example at my school different classes are doing different areas of study. I can't remember what each class is doing but it is roughly as follows

ENA1/2 - Growing Up
ENA3/4 - Identity
ENA5/6/7 - Journeys
ENA8 - Justice

Something like that. My class is only classs doing Justice. Most classes are doing Journeys.

Tanyaa

HSC
No, most schools are doing Journeys as the year 11 AOS. i haven't heard of discoveries as one, i have no idea.

Madge10

HSC
For adv english, yr 11 this year, we are doing changing self. and next year we are doing umm, belonging.
fair bit different to all you guys...

N

NeoSanity

We are studying Mao's Last Dancer. I have only read the first chapter or two and it is boring me to death... apparently it gets better.. hope so.

But I am not enjoying english at all at the moment.. I hate creative writing, even though i get awesome marks i find it sooo boring. Probably should have done standard english :\

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
we're doing the outsider
we have to study othello
i've lost my faith in english

hk-snow

HSC
ohhh.....
well we're doin changing self and our prescribed text is a film calld 'Secrets and Lies'!
it so ZZZzzzzz.......TT_TT

xV1P3R

HSC
We're doing Human Condition I think. Text: Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)