• Yes

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • No

Votes: 93 86.1%

• Total voters

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
i couldnt think of a single reason why year 11 would be more stressful than year 12. get over it year 11 it only gets harder.

kurt.physics said:
Contrary to the fact I have not experienced year 11/12, do you think that the big bang did not happen because we were not their to watch it, or to experience it? Do you think that we cant tell how big stars are or whats in stars because we have not been to the star?
you're not going to know whats hit u when your in year 12 haha.

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
In Year 11, you can bludge without feeling guilty
In Year 12 however, you're gonna hate yourself if you screw up any assessments or go out too much. After all, Year 12 is the real thing and it's a competition across the state
So the answer is no, Year 11 is not more stressful than Year 12

k8lou

HSC
yeah .. i reckon year 11 isn't as stressful as year 12. i was a stress head in year 11 and everything turned out good. don't stress but do all your assignments and stuff or you won't have much of a chance in year 12. well good luck in the hsc and pursue your dreams and don't do what your friends say do what your heart says.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I think the reason yr 11s are so stressed is because it is a massive transition from 10 to 11 in year 12 you are used to it but by no means is it easier

Last edited:

undalay

HSC
For me: Yr 12 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yr10 > Yr11

In year 11, if you choose subjects your enjoy, then it is less stressful then yr 10 (where you have stupid subjects.

However in Year 12, you'll stress about your assessment marks, where as in year 11 it doesnt really matter if you fail or not.

To those that say by Year 12 you'll have gotten used to the workload in year 11. I'd say that you're not performing at your peak.

If you've gotten used to the workload in year 11, then you should increase it.

4unitfreak

HSC
No. In Year 12 everything you do counts, so you can't sit back and do jack shit.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
4unitfreak said:
No. In Year 12 everything you do counts, so you can't sit back and do jack shit.
Year 11 is still important for few subjects like Mathematics. You need to know you stuffs well. (30% of the HSC is based on Preliminary and 50% for General Mathematics, I think). On top of that, many subjects' foundations are based on Preliminary topics.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
lyounamu said:
Year 11 is still important for few subjects like Mathematics. You need to know you stuffs well. (30% of the HSC is based on Preliminary and 50% for General Mathematics, I think). On top of that, many subjects' foundations are based on Preliminary topics.
thats true without going good in maths in prelim i would be screwed right now

HSC
In Year 11 I felt I could bludge (which was a mistake), but I found it harder than Year 12 in the sense that we only had 3 terms to complete the work. It felt more rushed. There's my input.

luvergal

HSC
Year 12 is definitely more stressful. In year 11 you can walk into an exam room, not know anything and walk out without being stressed because nothing counts. In year 12 everything counts towards your UAI so you have to try and go good in every assessment because if you don't that could affect whether you will get into the course you want or not.

HSC
luvergal said:
In year 12 everything counts towards your UAI so you have to try and go good in every assessment because if you don't that could affect whether you will get into the course you want or not.
not really.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Y11= means nothing, boring, chillax.

Y12=Suicide, means something, you have to try ect.

Year 11 more fun then y12.

bored of sc

HSC
A question for the year 12's: did any of you guys fully chillax and breeze through year 11 with mediocre marks and then come to year 12, put you head down and you are now achieving good results?

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
I think the reason yr 11s are so stressed is because it is a massive transition from 10 to 11 in year 12 you are used to it but by no means is it easier
Yeah I agree, in my case when I entered Year 11, it was like 'no more fun, let's get down to business for the next two years' , plus in Year 10 I had more resources e.g. past SC papers etc, while in Year 11, I had basically nothing which could help me then, take English for example when we did our practice AOS(Changing Perspective) our core text had nothing to do with Change! It was just a random bunch of poems made by some crazed feminist. When they told us to look to related texts it was a massive pain in the butt! Not even my tutor at the time could help me, from this, the delicate balance where you had to spend time evenly on all your subjects got disrupted and it created a chain reaction of bad marks in my other subjects.

When Term 4 came around, everything became okay because everything I needed for Year 12 was just one mouse-click away(please note I am not implying that I cheat in any way, I am talking about HSC online.) Plus I have more helpful stuff now than I did in Year 11 e.g. good notes, past assignments/assesment tasks from friends from the above year etc. Besides, isn't it true that you can find more resources for Year 12 students more than Year 11?

justmeme

HSC
N/A
lol. currently 66-9
looks like the majority of people think year 12 is harder.

bree =)

HSC
N/A
No doubt about it, year 11 is tough and it counts (ie. honour soicety ect.)

Teachers take into account that it's a big adjustment from year 10. By year 12, you are meant to be near perfect because you had year 11 to 'practise'. In year 12, there is no 'i'll do better next time' because their is no next time.

Can not wait till it's over :)

dpospination

HSC
it may be a bit more crammed, but yr 11 is not as hard as yr 12, cause the heat is on, make or break, if u stuff up, u r unable to reclaim it directly... the marks begin to count for a lot more

eriel

HSC
lol I've bludged my way through year 11 i did not take anything seriously and i've been alright ever since xD
Year 12 is stressful depending on how you take it, in my option it's alright so far considering i've passed subjects but it'll really count on the actual HSC paper. So right now i'm just going with the flow..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)