• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

year 11s going into yr12 (1 Viewer)

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
zizou10-5 said:
hmmm i'm wondering whether i should dedicate my lyf to yr 12, cos i don't wanna have no regrets, u knwo whatta mean? lol
yr 12 is all about balance b/t study and having a social life, so remember to have fun as well :)

smurkie

HSC
You guys got bananas?? We got cucumbers.=P

Is it effective for study groups or is individual study more effective do you guys feel?

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
bubbly said:
Crossroads sucks!!!!

Take it from sum1 who knows.
I never went because I knew it would suck.

My year adviser told me I would have to complete a 200 page assignment whilst the year was away on camp but nothing happened. :)

smurkie

HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
Depends what subject it is.
I feel that study groups can be effective with the Humanities subjects.
Yeah true, especially in eco. My friends and I seem to end up talking a lot during group studies but sometimes when I'm studying by myself I can't find an answer and wish I was in a group. This may make me sound el lamo (like that didn't already) but what are ways that I can stop talking when studying in groups???

jessdoit

HSC
Hahahah I agree. Crossroads is pathetic. A lot of those program things are full of it. Just a waste of time : )

I am shizzle scared of Year 12. I feel so unprepared and like I'm some little kid that's stuck in a body that's gradually aging! Year 12 is going to be the biggest emotional rollercoaster I will ever ride I reckon... and there's so much emphasis on Year 12 and the HSC... and how everything counts... Sometimes it seems so overrated.

Okay I'm so brain dead I can't think of anything else to say.

lulabelle

HSC
we had crossroads stuff packed into a 3 day camp - 3 days of continous motivation is not motivating

IceOnFire

HSC
At first i thought crossroads was to do with those driving safe courses...
then the doctors in the seminar mentioned safe sex.. i was like WHAT DA??

fishy89sg

HSC
its like happing PDHPE for 5 years in a row instead of 4

(not that i'm doing it :) )

bubbly

HSC
Our crossroads was included in the annual yr 11 trip 2 jindybyne. We had 2 watch 10 things i hate about u on the bus trip up & then answer questions from a booklet.

Totally lame.:(
If u didnt go 2 the trip u had 2 cum 2 skool 4 the day & do it.

Totally sucky.:(

I think that we also had otha "trainin" days but i cant remenber wat they were.

f3nr15 said:
I totally like sooo agree ... fucking crossroads

There were two options for crossroads:

1. Study the 2 hour course during Wednesday afternoons for 10 weeks on Term 1 during the HSC Course, WTF ?

2. Attend a three-day two-night camp at a scout park, costs $175

The food and cabins were shit. The scrambled eggs were not scrambled eggs, just the "Add Water" kind of food.

To make matters ever worse, I severely twisted my right ankle on the first night forcing me to move around on crutches ultimately missing out on many activities and costing two days of fun.
Although I can walk and run now, whenever I stretch my right foot I feel pain.
Without Wings said:
Crossroads reflects some of the contemporary health issues facing young people. It acknowledges and aims to support senior students as they address changing issues related to identity, independence and their changing responsibilities

The course is divided into two focus areas: Working at relationships and Drug issues. Each focus area is organised into four themes.

It is a mandatory course for all government school students in year 11 and 12. Where a student is unable to complete the course the school should make alternative arrangements.
Y did u have 2 take such a serious view on it?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
We just had a demonstration - none of us touched anything.
Lucky you. We got the fabled plastic banana-mutant-penis in year 10 and two condoms. Then the teacher kinda sat back on the desk with this totally evil smirk on her face and told us to practice.

I was scarred for life that day damnit! And I don't think I ever looked at bananas the same way again.

We did Crossroads at camp. Such a bloody waste of time. I reckon that we should get some of the money off from the camp fee considering that we're doing some of the chores. It's like I'm paying for someone to use me for slave labour.

IceOnFire

HSC
o.bi.sess said:
Lucky you. We got the fabled plastic banana-mutant-penis in year 10 and two condoms. Then the teacher kinda sat back on the desk with this totally evil smirk on her face and told us to practice.

I was scarred for life that day damnit! And I don't think I ever looked at bananas the same way again.
HAHHAHA!! :rofl: That's what exactly happened to us!! Except it was actual GPs who gave us a demonstration. When we were passed around the banana thingy and told to try it, I thought the guys would get straight into it and be excited!! But they were all so shy.. and kept on passing it over to the next person.

Aaahhh boys. Simple creatures who THINK they are complicated.. :)

vorahk

HSC
IceOnFire said:
HAHHAHA!! :rofl: That's what exactly happened to us!! Except it was actual GPs who gave us a demonstration. When we were passed around the banana thingy and told to try it, I thought the guys would get straight into it and be excited!! But they were all so shy.. and kept on passing it over to the next person.

Aaahhh boys. Simple creatures who THINK they are complicated.. :)
o_O lol they seperated us from the girls when GPs came to our school ... T_T lol

hah, yeah noone the GPs like... ok who wants to try?

all was silent, we all looked at each other and laughed. lol

o_O i alsio went to jindy for camp, damn it was awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)