• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (7 Viewers)

deswa1

HSC
Now you're making me consider my decision to make notes...

I think I'll still make notes for Eco since it's a contemporary course, as with Legal (comprehensive notes - 120+ pages).

But for Chem, since the content's the same, I doubt I'll make notes.
Please don't let me influence what you are planning on doing. The main thing I try to convey is that there is no one size fits all approach- you have to do what works for you.

You've got some time to work out what works for you before the assessments become too demanding/important- this is your experimenting time

enoilgam

HSC
Please don't let me influence what you are planning on doing. The main thing I try to convey is that there is no one size fits all approach- you have to do what works for you.

You've got some time to work out what works for you before the assessments become too demanding/important- this is your experimenting time
Couldnt agree more with this.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A

this lol

i think what we gathered from the convo in the last few posts we had was that there is no universal "right" and "wrong" to notes, choose what is most efficient for you.

megaman64

HSC
What happens if you are ranked around 40th but there is one mark separating 20th and 40th, do you still get the 40th highest mark for your internal mark

theind1996

HSC
N/A

Although it is pointless to make comprehensive notes for Chem imo when you've got *good people's* notes.

For Chem I'll probs summarise to like 2-3 pages per module or something, reallly really condensed.

deswa1

HSC
Although it is pointless to make comprehensive notes for Chem imo when you've got *good people's* notes.

For Chem I'll probs summarise to like 2-3 pages per module or something, reallly really condensed.
Sounds like a good plan.

And can does anyone know how hard 2006 HSC 4U was in comparison to other years- I just did it and it wasn't that bad so I want to know how it stacks against other papers. Thanks guys

HSC
Got ~98% for my 3U yearly (lost one mark for expanding the difference of cubes incorrectly, urgh)

It wasn't a really difficult test anyway, so I would expect quite a number of people getting full marks.

Missed out on 100 for both 2U and 3U by one mark each, oh well. I'm relatively happy :)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Got ~98% for my 3U yearly (lost one mark for expanding the difference of cubes incorrectly, urgh)

It wasn't a really difficult test anyway, so I would expect quite a number of people getting full marks.

Missed out on 100 for both 2U and 3U by one mark each, oh well. I'm relatively happy :)
Oh well, I suppose that's an improvement over

"omg i lost 2 marks in multiple choice FML!!!!11"

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Oh my lord were getting my maths yearly marks back.

SNXHWJBXKANEINCBAKXBHWBCHANJXIWN

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Oh well, I suppose that's an improvement over

"omg i lost 2 marks in multiple choice FML!!!!11"
Lol thats the international girl in my class. She gets 100% in every exam and when she lost one mark, she was so pissed off to the point that she made the teacher go to the head teacher to re check it and shit. She tried so hard to get that one mark lol

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Lol thats the international girl in my class. She gets 100% in every exam and when she lost one mark, she was so pissed off to the point that she made the teacher go to the head teacher to re check it and shit. She tried so hard to get that one mark lol
I went up to her and asked her what she got and she said 64/67 and i was like "are you sad?" and she nodded and kicked the chair lol

deswa1

HSC

Come on Twink- that's a poor effort- please pick up your game.

Congrats though- you should be happy. I never got full marks for a 3U test until year 12 (and both of them don't count because the tests were stupidly easy)

Do you guys find MX2 HSC exams harder than trials?
Typically yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)