Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (4 Viewers)

nexus_lad_69

Sikkest Lad in Livo
HSC
Uni Grad
The other thing with this is that a lot of people who never seriously tried before suddenly start going hard. Like I've put in heaps more effort this year than I did last year and my ranks have stayed almost exactly the same (down a tiny bit in some subs and up a tiny bit in others) because other people started working hard too- meaning I needed more effort to maintain constant ranks.
I fear that this will be my downfall.

lolwot

HSC
I wrote down questions from the exam on a spare piece of paper today, but I'm not sure if I can ask before I get the exam back? I mainly have trouble with geometry (proving stuff) and trig word problems.
What were the questions? I sat my prelim 2u paper today they might be the same as mine was out of /75 or something close to it

HSC
Yeah that's what I'd recommend. Actually what I would do is do heaps of maths when it wasn't near test time and then ignore it in the weeks leading into tests. I did this because I found I wouldn't forget maths so I could prepare for the tests from heaps far away but subjects like chem, I need to do them closer to the tests otherwise I forget it all. But do whatever works for you.

And if you need chem notes, I've got a massive stash of stuff for it so let me know if you want it
Thanks, will keep this in mind :)

definitely gonna have to pull my game up for year 12

nexus_lad_69

Sikkest Lad in Livo
HSC
Uni Grad
Trust me- you'll be fine. You seriously underrate your ability imo
Or you guys overrate my ability.

main problem: I tend to have issues with consistency at times.... especially in maths....

my performance all depends on what the test is like... whether the questions favour me or not....

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A

main problem: I tend to have issues with consistency at times.... especially in maths....

my performance all depends on what the test is like... whether the questions favour me or not....

this notion that the questions will/will not favour you should not be an issue. It either means

a) You lack confidence in the exam and are trying to attribute your performance to luck and how the questions favour you
b) You are weaker in some topics than others, again something you can change by focussing a bit more on the topics you struggle with

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC

Are your subjects at the very very extremeties of scaling?

Ive heard Extension Classical Greek has scaled more than 4U maths once

nexus_lad_69

Sikkest Lad in Livo
HSC
Uni Grad
[video=youtube;d7iOGfUdn0o]

this notion that the questions will/will not favour you should not be an issue. It either means

a) You lack confidence in the exam and are trying to attribute your performance to luck and how the questions favour you
b) You are weaker in some topics than others, again something you can change by focussing a bit more on the topics you struggle with
This happened to me:

Past paper of previous year: - Gets 85% on practise attempt under exam conditions
Actual paper: - Gets 98%

What made the difference? Actual paper had 99% typical exam questions (well it seemed to me it was) and r0te-able ones.

Exams will either favour me or not favour me.

deswa1

HSC
Are your subjects at the very very extremeties of scaling?

Ive heard Extension Classical Greek has scaled more than 4U maths once
Implying Nexus is doing those subjects...

But yeah, the classical subjects scale insanely- not as much now as they used to but back in the day, I think the extensions of both Latin and Classical Greek outscaled 4U.

nexus_lad_69

Sikkest Lad in Livo
HSC
Uni Grad

But yeah, the classical subjects scale insanely- not as much now as they used to but back in the day, I think the extensions of both Latin and Classical Greek outscaled 4U.
I do brah.

Ruse thats' nuthin

(lol)

theind1996

HSC
N/A

Bro you should have done 4U Maths, 3U Greek, Economics, English Advanced. Fuark.

deswa1

HSC
Bro you should have done 4U Maths, 3U Greek, Economics, English Advanced. Fuark.
But classical greek has literally no relevance to modern day greek at all...

I like my current subs tbh- I actually enjoy them.

But yeah, the scaling would have been nuts haha

theind1996

HSC
N/A
But classical greek has literally no relevance to modern day greek at all...

I like my current subs tbh- I actually enjoy them.

But yeah, the scaling would have been nuts haha
Haha true that, but insane scaling lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)