Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Shazer2

HSC
Well, I'm not in year 12, but I just did my yearly for prelim. 2U and I'd say I'll be lucky to get 30/75.

nexus_lad_69

Sikkest Lad in Livo
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, I'm not in year 12, but I just did my yearly for prelim. 2U and I'd say I'll be lucky to get 30/75.
The good thing is that it's only preliminary exams so the result you get will not matter at all.

Have a good holiday rest then come back strong in Term 4.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
Got back 5 assessments today.

79% 2U Maths
75% 3U Maths

Failed that pretty hard. Teacher's probs gonna say 'don't do 4U', but I'm going to have a go anyway lol.

Got 20/20 for Critical Study/Module B Othello essay - ranked 1/140.
Got 69/70 for Legal Studies yearly - ranked 1/41.
Got 42/42 for Economics Test (assessment before yearly) - ranked =1/37.

Teacher's like "I want you to take my advice and not do it."

But I'm still doing 4U for 1 term - might drop it at the end of Term 4 this year. We'll see.
Are the marks you lost in maths primarily due to:

1) silly mistakes
2) you cbf'ed to study efficiently
3) for some other reason you didn't study enough
4) problems with understanding the mathematical concepts

?

theind1996

HSC
N/A

1) silly mistakes

?
This.

Will definitely aim to rectify problems in Year 12.

wildchild666

HSC

1) silly mistakes

?
all of the above.

Shazer2

HSC
The good thing is that it's only preliminary exams so the result you get will not matter at all.

Have a good holiday rest then come back strong in Term 4.
That's true. I feel under pressure though since I'm expected to do well. I feel getting 30/75 will only stay the same in future. :(

HSC
Remember my rule.

One mark lost = One .....
:p

Lol at pretty happy being 99%. Seriously congrats- that's a heaps good mark. And easy tests piss me off but dropping only one mark is heaps good.

Any other tests back yet?
Thanks!

Yeah, they're pretty annoying, especially since I bet my ranking in maths isn't that fantastic when there are so many people above me that are separated by half marks lol

Nope, probably will get everything else before Friday

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
This.

Will definitely aim to rectify problems in Year 12.
Well fortunately students feel more inclined to work hard in Year 12 so this can be easily rectified. In year 11 I was getting in the 70s for most of my 3u assessments but in year 12 my marks improved dramatically.

deswa1

HSC
Just try and learn from your mistakes and come back hard in year 12 when it all counts- good luck :)

And if you need help with questions, you can always post them here and we'll try and help.

Thanks!

Yeah, they're pretty annoying, especially since I bet my ranking in maths isn't that fantastic when there are so many people above me that are separated by half marks lol

Nope, probably will get everything else before Friday
Yeah this would be frustrating- in our last two 3U tests, four of the top five got full marks in both lol. On the plus side, whether you come first or 10th at maths in your school, you'll end up with very similar maths marks (like between 98-100 for 3U) and given the scaling of maths, it would have virtually no impact on your ATAR.

Shazer2

HSC
Just try and learn from your mistakes and come back hard in year 12 when it all counts- good luck :)

And if you need help with questions, you can always post them here and we'll try and help.

Yeah this would be frustrating- in our last two 3U tests, four of the top five got full marks in both lol. On the plus side, whether you come first or 10th at maths in your school, you'll end up with very similar maths marks (like between 98-100 for 3U) and given the scaling of maths, it would have virtually no impact on your ATAR.
I wrote down questions from the exam on a spare piece of paper today, but I'm not sure if I can ask before I get the exam back? I mainly have trouble with geometry (proving stuff) and trig word problems.

deswa1

HSC
Well fortunately students feel more inclined to work hard in Year 12 so this can be easily rectified. In year 11 I was getting in the 70s for most of my 3u assessments but in year 12 my marks improved dramatically.
The other thing with this is that a lot of people who never seriously tried before suddenly start going hard. Like I've put in heaps more effort this year than I did last year and my ranks have stayed almost exactly the same (down a tiny bit in some subs and up a tiny bit in others) because other people started working hard too- meaning I needed more effort to maintain constant ranks.

deswa1

HSC
I wrote down questions from the exam on a spare piece of paper today, but I'm not sure if I can ask before I get the exam back? I mainly have trouble with geometry (proving stuff) and trig word problems.
Why wouldn't you be able to ask?

HSC

Very true

I probably should concentrate on English and chem now lol

deswa1

HSC
Very true

I probably should concentrate on English and chem now lol
Yeah that's what I'd recommend. Actually what I would do is do heaps of maths when it wasn't near test time and then ignore it in the weeks leading into tests. I did this because I found I wouldn't forget maths so I could prepare for the tests from heaps far away but subjects like chem, I need to do them closer to the tests otherwise I forget it all. But do whatever works for you.

And if you need chem notes, I've got a massive stash of stuff for it so let me know if you want it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)