Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (7 Viewers)

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Umm nope- personally I never read articles specifically for X section of the course- I'd read the papers just out of habit/interest and just naturally pick up stats and examples etc.

The RBA's website has a nice collection of stats and thingos. I hate the layout of ABS so I never use that. Financial Review often has mad articles but they're normally pretty in depth and beyond HSC course so if you're interested they're good but you don't need them.

I guess the major thing is that you don't need any of this stuff to do well. I just prefer to have a holistic understanding of the course and ground it in reality to satisfy my interest so yeah, if you can read outside the course, it'll defs help but don't beat yourself up if you can't.
Alright - thanks heaps. I do check RBA from time to time.

What do you reckon about 'Plain English Economics', the 'Leading Edge Updates' and 'EcoData'?

And by 'well', I want to go for 95+ in Eco if I can haha.

deswa1

HSC
Gravity m8.
Also speed etc.- special relativity and the like :p

Alright - thanks heaps. I do check RBA from time to time.

What do you reckon about 'Plain English Economics', the 'Leading Edge Updates' and 'EcoData'?

And by 'well', I want to go for 95+ in Eco if I can haha.
Not sure about them (haven't read them properly)- some of their stuff is very good though because I've flicked through what they have for a few things so I'll probs check the rest of them out.

And for 95+, yeah you want to have a strong understanding of current economic events and news because that is what will allow you to hit the 20's for the essays and not simply 17's

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Also speed etc.- special relativity and the like :p

Not sure about them (haven't read them properly)- some of their stuff is very good though because I've flicked through what they have for a few things so I'll probs check the rest of them out.

And for 95+, yeah you want to have a strong understanding of current economic events and news because that is what will allow you to hit the 20's for the essays and not simply 17's
Aight, anything in particular to check out for Topic 1 - The Global Economy?

Sorry for pestering you lol.

deswa1

HSC
Aight, anything in particular to check out for Topic 1 - The Global Economy?

Sorry for pestering you lol.
Not really sure- for me I never really analysed newspapers for specific topics- I just picked up stuff as I went along.

I'll hook you guys up with my stuff when I finish this year so hopefully that'll help a bit

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
started integration for 3U at TIPPS today.

got 68% for my perms and combs test the other day :haha:

shit lol.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Got my science prac mark back!

27.5/40

Haha uh... At least I passed! :/

Last edited by a moderator:

deswa1

HSC
Got my science prac mark back!

27.5/40

Haha uh... At least I passed! :/
Haha that's alright- were you happy with the mark because that's the main thing.

And Techies, how did you go in english today? Butcher was telling me the short answers were ridiculously hard?

wildchild666

HSC
Haha that's alright- were you happy with the mark because that's the main thing.

And Techies, how did you go in english today? Butcher was telling me the short answers were ridiculously hard?
Essay was alright. I wouldn't say "ridiculously hard", but they were more difficult than what I expected.

Chemistry, I have no clue how I went. Hoping for >70% if I'm lucky.

deswa1

HSC
Essay was alright. I wouldn't say "ridiculously hard", but they were more difficult than what I expected.

Chemistry, I have no clue how I went. Hoping for >70% if I'm lucky.
Oh that's heaps good then. Apparently heaps of people totally misinterpreted the poem.

And yeah- chem is ultra un-predictable... What do you have tomorrow?

nexus_lad_69

Sikkest Lad in Livo
HSC
Uni Grad

The first 3, 2 markers each were alright. I think I could get 5/6 at least. 6/6 is ideal.

The last one, 4 marker, absolutely destroyed me. I didn't get the poem at all so I BS'd so bad with random techniques. I'm hoping for 2 or 3 marks but I might end up with like 0 or 1. All depends on how harsh they mark it.

The essay question was heaps generic. VERY VERY generic. I felt quite happy with my essay, wrote 6.5 pages. (big writing though)

I'd say the essay question was much easier than the short answers. Short answers were absolute stunners especially the 4 marker.

wildchild666

HSC
Oh that's heaps good then. Apparently heaps of people totally misinterpreted the poem.

Nothing tomorrow. Wednesday 2u maths, thursday physics.

nexus_lad_69

Sikkest Lad in Livo
HSC
Uni Grad

I couldn't even interpret it at all. I think I spent too much time on the essay. (I did the first two easier short answers first then went to the essay then rushed the last two short answers)

I didn't leave enough time for the 4 marker. :cry:

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Got back 5 assessments today.

79% 2U Maths
75% 3U Maths

Failed that pretty hard. Teacher's probs gonna say 'don't do 4U', but I'm going to have a go anyway lol.

Got 20/20 for Critical Study/Module B Othello essay - ranked 1/140.
Got 69/70 for Legal Studies yearly - ranked 1/41.
Got 42/42 for Economics Test (assessment before yearly) - ranked =1/37.

Teacher's like "I want you to take my advice and not do it."

But I'm still doing 4U for 1 term - might drop it at the end of Term 4 this year. We'll see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)