• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

deswa1

HSC
I don't really get how to do this though. And don't really get the point of it.

How are you supposed to use the articles from papers/magazines? Use the stats from them like every other stat?

I'm just confused about that.
It's not essential but say I'm reading an article on the carbon tax and the SMH references a Productivity Commission report that says that the carbon tax will have X impact on Australia's economic welfare, then I'll remember that one (don't think this report exists- just an example).

theind1996

HSC
N/A
It's not essential but say I'm reading an article on the carbon tax and the SMH references a Productivity Commission report that says that the carbon tax will have X impact on Australia's economic welfare, then I'll remember that one (don't think this report exists- just an example).
Oh, aight, I get you.

But is reading articles like this this for specific parts of the course? Or it's for everything?

And any particular links/websites besides The Economist and SMH?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
@theind:

Preparation for Yearlies.

Just looking at Physics notes and doing random questions. Been looking at past paper questions as well.

I've done an English practise essay but need to cut it down (dont know wut to cut). Can you give me advice/feedback on it later tonight?

Tonight's schedule is probs: 2U past papers, Physics, Adv Eng. Might fit eco in as well but it's my last exam so I have time.

deswa1

HSC
@Rivalry- stuff eco- its in like two weeks lol.

And good luck

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
@Rivalry- stuff eco- its in like two weeks lol.

And good luck
ill need some of dat stuff.

tbh, im not too stressed for some reason. I can't wait for the social which is right after eco. it'll be a gr8 reward after exam week.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Should I rewatch two buffy episodes for Extension English yearly, or just memorise quotes and techniques (yearly is on this tuesday)

bleakarcher

HSC
just realised there's now a forum called "General Discussion on the 2013 HSC"

holy crap time flows so fast :(
lol I was thinking this when I saw it too

I actually want high school to finish as fast as possible so I guess this is good.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Is there an official reason why apparently the Math Extension 2 papers are getting easier (I have read that the newer papers are getting 'easier').
Or is this just an observation?

deswa1

HSC
Oh, aight, I get you.

But is reading articles like this this for specific parts of the course? Or it's for everything?

And any particular links/websites besides The Economist and SMH?
Umm nope- personally I never read articles specifically for X section of the course- I'd read the papers just out of habit/interest and just naturally pick up stats and examples etc.

The RBA's website has a nice collection of stats and thingos. I hate the layout of ABS so I never use that. Financial Review often has mad articles but they're normally pretty in depth and beyond HSC course so if you're interested they're good but you don't need them.

I guess the major thing is that you don't need any of this stuff to do well. I just prefer to have a holistic understanding of the course and ground it in reality to satisfy my interest so yeah, if you can read outside the course, it'll defs help but don't beat yourself up if you can't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)