• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

barbernator

HSC
Guys, is the school allowed to have start off with 2 classes for MX2 (48 people), when:

a) There are 4 qualified MX2 teachers, same as previous years.
b) The past 2 cohorts have started off with approximately 80 (2012) and 100 (2011) people doing MX2.
c) The current 2012 cohort, even after people dropping to MX1, has 60 people.
yes they can, but just argue and they should change it

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Guys, is the school allowed to have start off with 2 classes for MX2 (48 people), when:

b) The past 2 cohorts have started off with approximately 80 (2012) and 100 (2011) people doing MX2.
My old school only allowed 20 people to do EE1 in year 11. I think they are allowed to?

deswa1

HSC

Argue like a bitch- threaten to call the actual BOS if you care that much (note this will get results but the teachers might not like you anymore...)

85/90+ would be nice but I'm usually happy with 90%+ in almost everything so yeah. Though tomorrow is physics, the bane of my existence and my flaw :( going to make Dr V disappointed for sure. Most of us (people in his 2 classes) will disappoint Dr V. I'd think. Idk how I can cram everything
Haha good luck. And to cram phys- start now. If you go until around 11-12, you'll have covered everything easy. Not sure if you can cram for that long though?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A

They can set however many people they like, but fight for it if you must.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
They can set however many people they like, but fight for it if you must.
Yep I'll fight for it, since imo, they should start off with 3 classes and drop people later if they are struggling.

Like even in the first place, maximum 65 even want to try it out.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
My old school only allowed 20 people to do EE1 in year 11. I think they are allowed to?
Argue like a bitch- threaten to call the actual BOS if you care that much (note this will get results but the teachers might not like you anymore...)
yes they can, but just argue and they should change it
Hmm, I'll just argue as much as possible.

It doesn't make sense starting off with 48 when probably about 8-10 of those will drop too, and the school gets about 20-25 E4's every year.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Idgi fawn
I got a 0 in my commerce yearly and I had to beg my teacher to let me sit the exam and she gave in and let me sit the exam during the year 12 eco class. After i finished, she said that she will ask the head teacher if she can record my new mark but if not, then i keep my 0 but HOPEFULLY *prays* that the head teacher will let her record my new mark lol otherwise 0 = an E = bad report = angry parents = no $150 = sad fawun :cry:

enoilgam

HSC
I got a 0 in my commerce yearly and I had to beg my teacher to let me sit the exam and she gave in and let me sit the exam during the year 12 eco class. After i finished, she said that she will ask the head teacher if she can record my new mark but if not, then i keep my 0 but HOPEFULLY *prays* that the head teacher will let her record my new mark lol otherwise 0 = an E = bad report = angry parents = no $150 = sad fawun :cry:
Geez fawun, all this for $150. Are you familiar with the concept of a pyrrhic victory?

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Geez fawun, all this for $150. Are you familiar with the concept of a pyrrhic victory?
A what victory?

I only got a 0 because i haven't done the exam yet like i'm the last person to do the exam since our yearlies were last week.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Fawn should protest. You could get half an iPhone 5 with that money.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Was it physics? im not too tired but i think i didn't do that well :(
(school talk limited use)

Yeah. I did really crap I'd think.... Didn't know how to do an entire bit which was worth 5 marks. (essentially skipped it)
It's out of 75 and I'm hoping for 50+ if that's somewhat possible.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
The reason why i got a 0 was because i didnt do my yearly exam last Wednesday because I had an exam clash between Commerce and French that were on the same time. I went to French instead. On friday, i was suppose to do a catch up exam for Commerce during the photography yearlies (which i dont do so its all gee) but i had period pain and stomach cramps so i went home instead. Next commerce lesson (today) my teacher told me that she gave me a 0 for not doing the exam and so I spent the next 15 mins begging her to let me sit the exam and so i did. Hopefully when she talks to the head teacher, my exam marks get recorded instead of the 0 lol heh

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Pipe it cuntos.

Move to school talk.

But on a more serious note, don't worry about it, relax, play some games before preparing for next test.
I wish I had the luxury of doing that.

1.5 hours until Physics tutor (after Physics exam just then, how gr8).

Get home at around 7:45

Have to prepare for Business Studies exam tomorrow.

deswa1

HSC
Why would you go phys tutor the night before a business exam?

And better luck next time bro- I'm sure everyone would have found it hard as well if you did.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Why would you go phys tutor the night before a business exam?

And better luck next time bro- I'm sure everyone would have found it hard as well if you did.
My Physics is relatively crap compared to the rest of my other subjects so yeah. I expected it all along.

Main problems:
- Skipped an entire bit worth 5 marks.
- For a question where it asked what's the current going through a certain resistor, there's 2 in parallel and the answer was 1.2A not 0.8A (what I wrote down). Total I in the circuit was 2 so yeah. Silly mistake, gg my precious mark.
- I found MC harder than expected.
- When doing the test, I wasn't confident in 90% of my answers at all.

I'm going to Physics tutor cause we just started Year 12 Space and that's more important in the long-run. :/

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
My Physics is relatively crap compared to the rest of my other subjects so yeah. I expected it all along.

Main problems:
- Skipped an entire bit worth 5 marks.
- For a question where it asked what's the current going through a certain resistor, there's 2 in parallel and the answer was 1.2A not 0.8A (what I wrote down). Total I in the circuit was 2 so yeah. Silly mistake, gg my precious mark.
- I found MC harder than expected.
- When doing the test, I wasn't confident in 90% of my answers at all.

I'm going to Physics tutor cause we just started Year 12 Space and that's more important in the long-run. :/
I think we did the same test, was the 5 marker on Galvani and Volta?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
This thread hasn't been touched for a few days. Hello, what jobs can I get after the HSC?

theind1996

HSC
N/A
This thread hasn't been touched for a few days. Hello, what jobs can I get after the HSC?
Mathematics Tutoring @ Hurstville - especially if you get the 98+ in 3U and 95+ in 4U which everyone is expecting you to :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)