Year 12 2013 Chit Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whorevath

HSC
N/A
How bad? Anyway, don't be discouraged, just keep going. It's all about how you do overall and so giving up this early would be pretty stupid.
51% in 2u maths lol, SO MANY sillies. fak. only 10% weighting though so i might be able to catch up or some shiz.

15/20 in legal. kinda bs - 3/6 in the last question which i didn't agree with at all. Spoke with a different teacher and they said it should have received 5-6/6, although nothing's going to be done about it. oh well.

deviouswatch

HSC
I got my ADV Eng results back, 12/15 for a Sect 1 look alike, total horse *bleep* though some people wrote the same points and analysis as me and got much higher marks, but apparently their expression was better than mine when they waffle every two words and I am succinct.

whorevath

HSC
N/A
51% in 2u maths lol, SO MANY sillies. fak. only 10% weighting though so i might be able to catch up or some shiz.

15/20 in legal. kinda bs - 3/6 in the last question which i didn't agree with at all. Spoke with a different teacher and they said it should have received 5-6/6, although nothing's going to be done about it. oh well.
And i got 58% in 3u maths; pretty happy with it, although it only counts for 1 unit for me so eh..

enak101

HSC
Got my first english assignment back. 26/30. Fairly happy as speeches are usually on the lower end for marks.

I got another english assignment to do over the holidays.

8 page narrative on belonging (max)
3 diary entries on belonging (1 page each I think)
A poster (screw this shit shit crap, I'm gonna lose marks for this)

Everything has to be handwritten!!!!!!! (First time ever, my handwriting is so bad, I hate this :p)

I was meant to practice in class business assessment or something but teacher was away which is lame. Going to start off HSC 2 unit course (prelim took this term as well :redface:) during the holidays.

I also need to practice essays on belonging or something in holidays.

starshine02

HSC
Got my first english assignment back. 26/30. Fairly happy as speeches are usually on the lower end for marks.

I got another english assignment to do over the holidays.

8 page narrative on belonging (max)
3 diary entries on belonging (1 page each I think)
A poster (screw this shit shit crap, I'm gonna lose marks for this)

Everything has to be handwritten!!!!!!! (First time ever, my handwriting is so bad, I hate this :p)

I was meant to practice in class business assessment or something but teacher was away which is lame. Going to start off HSC 2 unit course (prelim took this term as well :redface:) during the holidays.

I also need to practice essays on belonging or something in holidays.
Oh great results! :)

I also got my english speech marks back: 14/15 and I guess it's a bit better than what I expected because normally I'm not that great at speaking tasks (too nervous for those).

Didn't actually get english assignments for the holidays but the teacher wants us to do research on context and stuff for texts in the holidays.

Last edited:

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC

I also got my english speech marks back: 13/15 and I guess it's a bit better than what I expected because normally I'm not that great at speaking tasks (too nervous for those).

Didn't actually get english assignments for the holidays but the teacher wants us to do research on context and stuff for texts in the holidays.
Congratulations starshine you definitely deserve those marks XD. I told you that you would ace it didn't I :)

starshine02

HSC
Congratulations starshine you definitely deserve those marks XD. I told you that you would ace it didn't I :)
Considering I had a mind blank and said nothing with my mouth slightly open for like 20 secs, then yes lol. I wish I didn't have that blank. Would probably get 14 but then what's done is done :)

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
That must have been awkward haha. Was it about the stuffiness of the room you mentioned? I'm sure you still did really well relative to your cohort though

enoilgam

HSC
how large is your cohort?

And wow, that must really suck. Okay now I'm a bit more patient now haha.
For advanced we had maybe 50ish people and 130 for standard. My schools english department was flat out horrible in almost everyway (teaching, organisation etc). My schools maths department was the complete opposite.

Eg155

HSC
We got our english results back today too.

Got 15/15 for the speeches and 8.5/10 (so 9 rounded i think ?) for the essay (the essay that caused me to run to sick bay because I barely touched the related text blergh).
Quite satisfied, although I wish the speech was weighted more.It was 5% for the speech and 10% for the essay.
It's also good because no one in my class (don't know about the rest of the cohort) got below 11/15 in total.
First was 15/15, she's so lovely and deserved it so I'm happy for her. 2nd was 14.
There's always the half yearlies :)

Also, in calculating ranks does the school take half marks into consideration, considering the marks are so close together?

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC

Got 15/15 for the speeches and 8.5/10 (so 9 rounded i think ?) for the essay (the essay that caused me to run to sick bay because I barely touched the related text blergh).
Quite satisfied, although I wish the speech was weighted more.It was 5% for the speech and 10% for the essay.
It's also good because no one in my class (don't know about the rest of the cohort) got below 11/15 in total.
First was 15/15, she's so lovely and deserved it so I'm happy for her. 2nd was 14.

Also, in calculating ranks does the school take half marks into consideration, considering the marks are so close together?
Nice marks eg I wish I was as smart as you in English :(. As for the rounding thingy:
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=296418

Eg155

HSC

I also got my english speech marks back: 13/15 and I guess it's a bit better than what I expected because normally I'm not that great at speaking tasks (too nervous for those).

Contratz Starshine02!

Not many people like speaking.

Oh, the sounds of relief when the class was told no more english speeches in the rest of their high school life :p

enak101

HSC
Haha, my advanced english class has 7 people. Thats the only advanced english class :p.

My speaking part was 13/15 too, a girl got 14/15 but for some reason listening was equally weighted to speaking, I got 13 for listening and she got 9 so it turned out to be useful. I hate trying to make eye contact and read off of paper at the same time, too lazy to prepare palm cards etc.

Good job on english results Eg155.

deswa1

HSC

Congrats to both of you :). They should carry the half marks through until the end of the year and then round at the end (because your school submits a whole number to BOS)

urgh, my school had our first english task over 4 weeks ago and we still haven't gotten it back :(
How about this one? We did our first english assessment in T4 W7 and it had two parts. We got the first part back in T4 W10. We got the second part back in T1 W7. So it took the rest of term 4, the entire summer holidays and 7 weeks of term 1 haha.

starshine02

HSC
Contratz Starshine02!

Not many people like speaking.

Oh, the sounds of relief when the class was told no more english speeches in the rest of their high school life :p
You too! Congratz~

Yeah I'm just not a fan of speaking tasks. Much easier to just sit down and write an essay haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)