Year 12 2013 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deliriously

HSC
Do past HSC questions because most schools reuse these questions (usually for MQ). If you feel that in reading the textbook, you will absorb more information then do that. I personally don't have a full set of notes but I make an outline of the points needed for the extended responses.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
If you do physics at Uni you can take that formula for range as so and automatically use it (or so I'm led to believe)

Eg155

HSC
Have come to the conclusion that English advanced is the most ridiculous subject ever.

I also screwed up my art exam. Yay for time constraints -_-.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Have come to the conclusion that English advanced is the most ridiculous subject ever.

I also screwed up my art exam. Yay for time constraints -_-.
English is fun.

Never though I'd say it, but I genuinely like the subject.

Eg155

HSC
How are you doing with everything else?

Also, spamming a link the the meat thread http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=301935. Everyone is welcome!
Alright.
I cried for a while knowing that I had lost the roll I had in coming first in art. Would trade first rank in any other subject for just that one. :(
Modern is tomorrow. Don't think it is humanly possible to write 24 bos pages + 25marks worth of source questions. What even.

THENNN bio and chem. The only subjects that are somewhat more kind. ..
Now I'm going to shove my hand in an ice bucket. :)

enoilgam

HSC
I cried for a while knowing that I had lost the roll I had in coming first in art. Would trade first rank in any other subject for just that one. :(
Modern is tomorrow. Don't think it is humanly possible to write 24 bos pages + 25marks worth of source questions. What even.

THENNN bio and chem. The only subjects that are somewhat more kind. ..
Now I'm going to shove my hand in an ice bucket. :)
Dont worry, there is plenty of time to recapture that first spot in Art. You would be surprised with Modern, the writing isnt so bad. Also, join us at the meat Eg.

Eg155

HSC
Dont worry, there is plenty of time to recapture that first spot in Art. You would be surprised with Modern, the writing isnt so bad. Also, join us at the meat Eg.
Nah, once you lose a mark in that subject life is over.
The 24 pages part? .................................what.................

enoilgam

HSC
Nah, once you lose a mark in that subject life is over.
The 24 pages part? .................................what.................
Just channel the spirit of the comeback for art. In Modern, the 24 pages you have to write isnt that bad - I mean, it's a lot, but overall it isnt as intense as you would think (in fairness, it still is pretty intense).

Eg155

HSC
Just channel the spirit of the comeback for art. In Modern, the 24 pages you have to write isnt that bad - I mean, it's a lot, but overall it isnt as intense as you would think (in fairness, it still is pretty intense).
Spirit is there, reality is not. :L
Notsureifserious. My hand was paralysed after 13 pages in English-

enoilgam

HSC
Spirit is there, reality is not. :L
Notsureifserious. My hand was paralysed after 13 pages in English-
Why cant you come back from VA? After a while, you get used to the writing in Modern. Besides, it gets more intense in uni - for my HR exams, it's 4 essays in 2 hours and you're expected to write like 800-1,000 words for each.

Eg155

HSC
Why cant you come back from VA? After a while, you get used to the writing in Modern. Besides, it gets more intense in uni - for my HR exams, it's 4 essays in 2 hours and you're expected to write like 800-1,000 words for each.
Because, at my school the most competitive course is va. Once you lose a mark you go down a few ranks, not just one.
It's hard to redeem yourself.
Omgsh, I'm going to learn to a mathematician so that i never have to write those essays! that sounds like torture!!

enoilgam

HSC
Because, at my school the most competitive course is va. Once you lose a mark you go down a few ranks, not just one.
It's hard to redeem yourself.
Omgsh, I'm going to learn to a mathematician so that i never have to write those essays! that sounds like torture!!
Still keep at it though, you never know, some of those around you might stuff up or you might do really well. I remember in legal studies for the HSC, I was ranked 6th going into the trials. I ended up killing everyone except the guy coming first by like 10 or more marks and that pushed me straight into second place. So I guess it's just like the old NFL saying goes, it just comes down to "any given Sunday". So keep at it Eg.

With uni, most exams/assignments are going to seem a lot harder than High School. But you do adapt and it in my experience, it usually isnt as bad as it sounds.

Last edited:

norwegianwood

HSC
same. half of the class gets full marks for everything up until trials, and then it's decided by a 40% b.o.w. progress mark (which have historically been misguided, i.e. it meant this one girl only came third last year, but she ended up in artexpress at art gallery of nsw and w/ a crazy high examination mark).

antisocialunsw

HSC

Can I come to the meat, dear Enoilgam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)