Year 12 2013 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Year 11 2012 Chit Chat Thread

It will be impossible with that loser talk

Believe in yourself young padawan
If I get into Commerce/Law at USYD, I'll distribute ALL of my notes on BoS for free... All of my essays and what not as well...

mirakon

nigga
HSC

do you get extra ATAR points for repping australia in an olympiad?
At usyd for specific courses. There are also scholarships open for u if u rep in an olympiad. Do u think u will?

wildchild666

HSC

There are components of *every* course that are boring and parts that are fascinating

Its part of uni life regardless of whether its law, engo, med, arts or whatever else.
Guess I'll do arts then.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

Hey Aerath, I presume that you've participated in moots before. Any tips that you'd like to give me regarding them? I have an assessment based on it very soon. Cheers. :)
I've only done a few moots, and I was destroyed in most of them. I'm pretty sure you don't want me to be giving you advice on how to moot. :p

This is why I want to become a transactional lawyer - will rarely see the inside of a courtroom. I'm ok in being social in a group of people; but something about being in front of a bunch of judges and senior partners and whatnot scares the shit out of me.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad

I've only done a few moots, and I was destroyed in most of them. I'm pretty sure you don't want me to be giving you advice on how to moot. :p

This is why I want to become a transactional lawyer - will rarely see the inside of a courtroom. I'm ok in being social in a group of people; but something about being in front of a bunch of judges and senior partners and whatnot scares the shit out of me.
Yes, its scary. Anyways we have an in house UNSW moot, same scenarios in first heats, and so far only one person has won on the appellant.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad

Legal Studies is nothing like Uni Law though. :p

Also, do you know where you want to end up? Barrister? Solicitor? Corporate? Criminal?
I'm talking about mock trial
Not sure, but I love to defend, possibly family law/criminal, not sure...

hayabusaboston

HSC

At usyd for specific courses. There are also scholarships open for u if u rep in an olympiad. Do u think u will?
well i got bronze in neuroscience olympiad, not sure if that counts. Hopefully can get into bio or chem olympiads. HEY if you get into both, do you get 10 points bonus? and are bonus points immediately applied to whatever atar you get, or only if you apply for a course and need the extra points?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad

well i got bronze in neuroscience olympiad, not sure if that counts. Hopefully can get into bio or chem olympiads. HEY if you get into both, do you get 10 points bonus? and are bonus points immediately applied to whatever atar you get, or only if you apply for a course and need the extra points?
I think Olympiad applies to certain courses, it could also allow you to pick subjects or research in something you are interested in or etc.

Examine

same
HSC

Sport achievements apply to everything except medicine right?

mirakon

nigga
HSC

Lol do u mean the abbc or is there a neuroscience olympiad?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

Yes, its scary. Anyways we have an in house UNSW moot, same scenarios in first heats, and so far only one person has won on the appellant.
My first moot, I got demolished. Person that beat me went on to eventually win the competition.

I was counsel for defendant, and he was counsel for plaintiff; and he spent the first half of his submissions outlining his case, and the second half preemptively ripping through every single one of my arguments. And he got every single one. I pretty much had nothing to say when I got up to speak. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)