Year 12 2013 Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrrah

HSC
I dropped French. Biggest relief no longer studying two languages. Plus the teacher was a complete incompetent idiot.

WeaselPowa

HSC
So I have the Physics practical 'Using a pendulum to determine g' tomorrow, and it counts towards my HSC. Anyone have any useful points :)?

distinction

HSC
So I have the Physics practical 'Using a pendulum to determine g' tomorrow, and it counts towards my HSC. Anyone have any useful points :)?
Just know what reliability, accuracy & validity are :\ good luck

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
What raw mark out of 70 in this year's Extension 1 Maths exam would people expect to get a 95 Examination mark?

enoilgam

HSC
What raw mark out of 70 in this year's Extension 1 Maths exam would people expect to get a 95 Examination mark?
Going off previous years and equating it out for the changes in total marks, my guess would be mid-high 50's/70.

abarb

HSC
sy, if you are expecting a 65/70, that will be a 97 exam mark, and possibly 98.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Re: The p00n thread

yeah boi

okay

Wild wants to know how easy it'd be to get 93+ in SOR I

And whether he should drop physics to pick up SOR I (he'd go from 12 to 11 units).
Don't think anyone does that here. But for Physics, a band 6 is 76/100 (in 2011) so a 93 would be 83ish/100 I'd guess.

No idea about SOR I. But really it comes down to his strengths and work ethic.

Thief

!!
HSC

Don't think anyone does that here. But for Physics, a band 6 is 76/100 (in 2011) so a 93 would be 83ish/100 I'd guess.

No idea about SOR I. But really it comes down to his strengths and work ethic.
Well I do SOR lol. So obviously I'm biased towards him picking it up :p Then we can share notes and shit. And physics sucks whoo

Anyone else got an opinion on dis?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

Well I do SOR lol. So obviously I'm biased towards him picking it up :p Then we can share notes and shit. And physics sucks whoo

But Physics is one of those subjects where you really need to enjoy it to study it. Which one does he hate more? [Dat thief kisser blocked me on steam]

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

But Physics is one of those subjects where you really need to enjoy it to study it. Which one does he hate more? [Dat thief kisser blocked me on steam]

enoilgam

HSC

yeah boi

okay

Wild wants to know how easy it'd be to get 93+ in SOR I

And whether he should drop physics to pick up SOR I (he'd go from 12 to 11 units).
SOR I is out of 50, so I assume he means either 46+ or 47+/50. Overall, SOR isnt too difficult (dont underestimate it though) and with a bit of hard work and the right strategy I think a mark in the low-mid 90's is definitely achievable.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

Sharing notes and papers are good, but hard work and ethics are the most important.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Ext 2 eng > sor 1

Thief

!!
HSC

Well he's failed physics exams lol. I'm sure he hates physics but its not like he can hate SOR when he doesn't know what it'll be like. He's just not sure whether it'd be worth it or if it'd be easy to get a good mark.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

Well he's failed physics exams lol. I'm sure he hates physics but its not like he can hate SOR when he doesn't know what it'll be like. He's just not sure whether it'd be worth it or if it'd be easy to get a good mark.
Only he can determine if he will put in effort. But I would suggest the one he is most interested in.

Aysce

HSC
Well, I go tutoring for 3U/4U, Physics and English... and I'm still kinda alive...

Which tutor for English? Private or college?

But yeah, sounds like a gifted kid. Expect him to do well.
You're on the verge of death. He goes to a private one with a HSC marker - Yeah he is, a pity that I couldn't convince him to move to a better school but meh.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
One you finish high school you will find that tutors were not necessary.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
You're on the verge of death. He goes to a private one with a HSC marker - Yeah he is, a pity that I couldn't convince him to move to a better school but meh.
Well, I can handle it. I don't even need to believe I can. I just can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)