year 12 formal worth going to?????? (1 Viewer)

bio4lyf

HSC
so im going on a holiday to goldcoast and have to come back 3 days early because of the formal and i have to decide whether i want to go to the formal or stay in goldcoast for 3 extra days :/ cant decide what to do.... :(

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
are you in the gold coast with friends

if not then come back

if you are then don't bother

its really up to you tho. personally I didn't like my school formals (however I'm a guy and a BoSer, implies I'm an antisocial Asian gamer already)

bio4lyf

HSC
are you in the gold coast with friends

if not then come back

if you are then don't bother

its really up to you tho. personally I didn't like my school formals (however I'm a guy and a BoSer, implies I'm an antisocial Asian gamer already)
Hahaha okie thanx

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
As JT said if you have all your friends at the gold coast and you dont have a formal partner then it's not worth coming back as you'll want to be spending the formal with your formal date and at least some friends, otherwise it can be quite a good night and worth coming back.

Reactions: h_g

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
As JT said if you have all your friends at the gold coast and you dont have a formal partner then it's not worth coming back as you'll want to be spending the formal with your formal date and at least some friends, otherwise it can be quite a good night and worth coming back.
lel my formal partner made out with 2 guys at afters (just to clarify both of which weren't me). formal partners are overrated anyway

astroman

HSC
go formal, only one formal in ur life, gold coast can wait

Reactions: x1

bio4lyf

HSC
yeah i dont have a formal partner... but all my close frndz r going to the formal...

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
OP, I had plans to not go to the formal, and do other things that night. However, I was basically persuaded to go, and so I did. It turned out to be one heck of a night.

P.s. You should go since you only do it once, while Gold Coast can wait. Enjoy yourself and have fun! :)

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Then its worth going (Y) you can always go back to the gold coast later

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
+1

imo its better to hang out at a crappy place with friends than a good place with no friends. Formal or not.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
formal is overrated tbh
plenty of opportunities like that in uni anyway

also you can avoid the ppl you don't like from your school lol
I've avoided like all the ppl I didn't like from school... at uni

helps when none of them go to your uni and if you avoid eye contact if you see them in public

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think you'll regret not going to it later in life when people ask you about how your formal was. I also found that end of year 12 where everyone sortof unites over HSC is a chance to finish up high school on a positive note with people whom you may cross paths with again in the future.

That being said if you've got amazing mates to go on holiday with and you're all jigging the formal then that's a different story.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
I think you'll regret not going to it later in life when people ask you about how your formal was. I also found that end of year 12 where everyone sortof unites over HSC is a chance to finish up high school on a positive note with people whom you may cross paths with again in the future.

That being said if you've got amazing mates to go on holiday with and you're all jigging the formal then that's a different story.
if you're a guy (which I'm aware OP isn't and I am) people don't really ask how their formals were. At least that is with the people I hang with anyway.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
You'd be surprised how often the topic of formals/proms/etc comes up in everyday conversation when you're ten years out of high school. I personally didn't think it would matter but surprisingly it does come up.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
You'd be surprised how often the topic of formals/proms/etc comes up in everyday conversation when you're ten years out of high school. I personally didn't think it would matter but surprisingly it does come up.
ah 10 years out of HS. Point taken.

probably just wanna to reminisce when life was so easy ~~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)