• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 8-11 Selective Result Discussion (3 Viewers)

Shinji bikari

HSC
Bruh honestly if fort is biasing students based on whether they have musical talent or not thatā€™s actually dumb like you arenā€™t a music school youā€™re a selective school the whole point is the academics šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
itā€™s not just that, if u hv a lot of musical talent but do shit in ur academics and on the test then they wonā€™t accept you where as if you do quite decently for the test n at school as well as hv extra curricular to back it up then youā€™re in good hands. Itā€™s all abt balance

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
itā€™s not just that, if u hv a lot of musical talent but do shit in ur academics and on the test then they wonā€™t accept you where as if you do quite decently for the test n at school as well as hv extra curricular to back it up then youā€™re in good hands. Itā€™s all abt balance
Yeah i know but theyā€™re putting significant bias on those who have musical talent which is unfair - itā€™s not even a music school which doesnā€™t make sense

Shinji bikari

HSC
Yeah i know but theyā€™re putting significant bias on those who have musical talent which is unfair - itā€™s not even a music school which doesnā€™t make sense
Yeah ig, some schools just like to take the ā€œnot everything is solely on academics, we like to see moreā€ approach šŸ’€

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
And be fr a lot of the selective schools say they care about extra curriculars but rlly donā€™t - the whole point of a selective school is academics and they only say that do they donā€™t look like a factory thatā€™s producing students to go to the top unis and enter the top degrees. I swear fort st is the one of the very few that actually takes into acc the extracurriculars.

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
Yeah ig, some schools just like to take the ā€œnot everything is solely on academics, we like to see moreā€ approach šŸ’€
And itā€™s ironic cos theyā€™re a selective school and whatever they do they canā€™t get rid of that ā€œstudy machineā€ stereotype so atp just pick students on academic ability.

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
And itā€™s ironic cos theyā€™re a selective school and whatever they do they canā€™t get rid of that ā€œstudy machineā€ stereotype so atp just pick students on academic ability.
But obviously if ppl who get in are rlly rlly smart and have musical talent then thatā€™s fair but if someone whoā€™s like kinda smart but not extremely and has a shit ton of extracurriculars gets in over someone thatā€™s rlly rlly smart with no extracurriculars then thatā€™s honestly šŸ’€ Because honestly we all know selective schools just want to improve their rank and extracurriculars arenā€™t gonna do that for them so whatā€™s the point

Shinji bikari

HSC
And be fr a lot of the selective schools say they care about extra curriculars but rlly donā€™t - the whole point of a selective school is academics and they only say that do they donā€™t look like a factory thatā€™s producing students to go to the top unis and enter the top degrees. I swear fort st is the one of the very few that actually takes into acc the extracurriculars.
That is actually so so true, bc ultimately it comes down to ur academics in the hsc and whether u do well enough as a cohort to maintain the schools ranking n shit šŸ’€ like unis do recognise musical talent if u do AMEB from grade 8 and above but otherwise itā€™s all down to ur academics

Shinji bikari

HSC
That is actually so so true, bc ultimately it comes down to ur academics in the hsc and whether u do well enough as a cohort to maintain the schools ranking n shit šŸ’€ like unis do recognise musical talent if u do AMEB from grade 8 and above but otherwise itā€™s all down to ur academics
and like also most ppl that I know of who attend selective schools donā€™t pursue music as a career so as far as ik musical talent n extra curricular isnt rlly necessary

watermelon00F

HSC
Girraween has sent out letters via post today. Earliest you can receive is tomorrow. But definitely keep an eye on your letter boxes early next week.
yeah my mum phoned them yesterday, and they said they posted them yesterday

watermelon00F

HSC
What if you girraween as 2nd or 3rd, will rejection letter come out then as well
i'm not sure (a guess) but i'd say no and that your first preference school would accept/reject you and if you receive nothing from pref 2 it means you've been rejected

i'm not 100% on this though i'd think this is what happens

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)