Year 8-11 Selective Result Discussion (1 Viewer)

Elvn

HSC
when did they recieve the email and is it for class of 25'?
Uh earlier than today for the email and yeah I believe it's for class of '25. I'm trying to get their @ so I'm not lonely at open day lmao.

Sethio

HSC
What is the main reason why a school would space interviews so far apart? I've heard kids applying for similar years having interviews spanning around 11 days. Even the argument about the increased quota of interviews - because they have to account for 4-year groups (8,9,10,11) - doesn't make sense as you would logically stagger the interviews in blocks ie (year 8 -> 22nd- 24th, year 9 -> 25th-27th etc), right? My main query about this system is that if interviews are spaced so far apart (I doubt it takes 11 days to interview a one-year group), wouldn't this delay results indefinitely? Also the issue with "comparative marking" because increased times would surely make the standardisation between year groups harder because comparing a student's holistic skills to another one 11 days apart would be quite hard, wouldn't it? In one sense it could jeopardise at least one of these student's acceptance. Personally, this hasn't happened but I'm just interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)