Year 8-11 Selective Result Discussion (1 Viewer)

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
Guys, I know this isn't as good as it sounds but I just got a letter from FSHS.
BTW this is year 8 into year 9 entry (where they don't have available positions - but when one becomes available then interview and admission.
In saying this, the letter said I got waitlisted (in the top 20). Note: 129 applicants for year 9. Also they don't give you a number on the waitlist.
I hope this helps people in year 8-10!
Is the wait list always consist of 20 people? Even for year 11 entry?

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
This is what FSHS said in their letter:

"This year the school received 129 applications for Year 9 2024.
[Name] is one of twenty applicants who will be invited to attend an interview when a vacancy arises. Applicants will be placed on the basis of availability."

Does this mean that if people have already told the school that they are leaving, other students who applied who had better applications have been offered and then a waitlist of 20 was created.

For example, before the letters were sent, 4 people contacted Fort St saying they wish to leave the school and 4 applicants were offered places.
Hypothetically, I was ranked 15 out of the 20 on the waitlist from the letter that was sent. Does this mean that I moved up 4 places on the waitlist, even if it was before letters were sent. Or, does the waitlist only apply after letters were sent meaning that i am still 15.
Sorry if this is confusing.
Has NSB and NSG sent offers yet? I didn't apply there I'm just curious.
This is what i am also wondering about

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)